pure saluki in ireland regularily taking long ears?

Lads the question was can a pure take hares in Ireland not 3/4 or half crosses dogs but pure there is a difference.There is no reason why a pure can not take hares in Ireland if brought up in Ireland as pup and run with a lurcher type dog for a loads times that is smashing ditches gates and that so it can learn the land is running.

So l ask this why cant a pure not be able to run Ireland?????

ice ice donkey LOL ,My cousins 11 month old pup is doing the same kid just needs more time to learn and use its mouth it slaughters rabbits on the lamp and has killed only a few long ears single this last month so Bollocks to say they cant do it here,if it doesnt do it it single not like ye norhern men LOL its bye bye baby

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to agree i think, some west of Ireland land below and this is good land, notice the fox, i took it whilst ferreting, it come up to us to say hello...lol  

mate if it doesnt do it single then it aint livin in my house as they stay indoors,as i said if they are done right like my cousin has then pures will do it here no probs.

james go to a few shows in the summer,theres a load of pure about,I was amazed to see just how many are in the country.As for the half crosses being ignorant,lol.The dog I have is a good ferreting dog

Lads the question was can a pure take hares in Ireland not 3/4 or half crosses dogs but pure there is a difference.There is no reason why a pure can not take hares in Ireland if brought up in Ireland as pup and run with a lurcher type dog for a loads times that is smashing ditches gates and that so it can learn the land is running.

So l ask this why cant a pure not be able to run Ireland?????

ice ice donkey LOL ,My cousins 11 month old pup is doing the same kid just needs more time to learn and use its mouth it slaughters rabbits on the lamp and has killed only a few long ears single this last month so Bollocks to say they cant do it here,if it doesnt do it it single not like ye norhern men LOL its bye bye baby

You must have nothing out your back then because you dont have anything that kill hare single :D :D BUT as l said there is no reason why a pure breed cant work in lreland :thumbs:
Guest Sorley Boys clan

first i said pure and second i never said a full saluki would not catch long ears in ireland cos there will what i said there not ideal meanin a good lurcher would do a better job fact

again aload of WANK,robin your talkin shite

you must hav loads of friends ejit

first i said pure and second i never said a full saluki would not catch long ears in ireland cos there will what i said there not ideal meanin a good lurcher would do a better job fact

again aload of WANK,robin your talkin shite

how many pures are running in ireland and takin them week in week out not many and thats for a reason pal otherwise there would be loads wont they havin lived in ireland and run some of the best pure saluki lines there i would no you are makin your self look like you nothing about running dogs dont be a fool

I have 2 pure and they are not the greatest in the fields here.One bitch is off to britain soon as shes not suited to the land I run,the black bitch is that bit better but does need a decent size field to get into her game.Of course it could be the bitch is lacking that extra something but it doesnt bother me as shes soley for me and the sons pleasure.I have a 1st x and he is more adaptable for here,

f**k all full ones around....people cross them with greyhounds more so than keep the full ones...even the half crosses are ignorant....but the they have a good brain fact.

james go to a few shows in the summer,theres a load of pure about,I was amazed to see just how many are in the country.As for the half crosses being ignorant,lol.The dog I have is a good ferreting dog and is as obedient as a collie(well almost) and a decent guard dog too.I am very pleased with him and would take another in a moment,but im not into the competitive side of things,its just all fun,if they catch they catch and if they dont then its not from the want of trying.

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

I have 2 pure and they are not the greatest in the fields here.One bitch is off to britain soon as shes not suited to the land I run,the black bitch is that bit better but does need a decent size field to get into her game.Of course it could be the bitch is lacking that extra something but it doesnt bother me as shes soley for me and the sons pleasure.I have a 1st x and he is more adaptable for here,

spot on mate

cheers for the experinces. :thumbs:

sometime in the futre i will have a coursing dog, dont think it will be a pure saluki though.

our fields here in ireland, would not acomadate one i dont think, expecially where i am in the west, small garden fields with a lot of wire, whins, stupid crazy gates ect ect!