ferreting yesterday

hi all, i read alot of peoples right ups about there days out .. so here is mine . :D

went out at 7am just local to get some food for tea,so me and a lad of here( jingo) so we started to hed up to the first set it was a 6 holer so we set the nets down and i used my polcat jill , about 5 minutes into it a thud thud thud the dog ran over and a rabbit ran into my hand made net , a good start , there was nothing left down there so we moved on. got onto another set wich my lurcher was marking well. so again we set the nets down on a 4 holer and used my mates ferret , a big hob 2 minutes went by then a rabbits hed was in the entrence of the hole so i ran up to if but the hob pulled it back down the hole so we dug down 2 ft no probs. then we moved on , we got abit side tracked and ended up in deer cuntry :whistling: so we got back to ferreting and dun more sets swaping ferrets as we go, got back down to a good set i no ,so we set the nets down on a 7 holer and entered my ferret 4 minutes went by and then a rabbit ran into my net but seen me :wallbash: then ran back into the hole so i ran and dove onto the hole and griped it down the hole. all in all 5 rabbits which is good for where we were a good rach out good banta here are some pics thanks for reading

atb kile

post-50148-0-18011000-1325848500.jpg

post-50148-0-13778200-1325848602.jpg

Im just glad the lass enjoyed me rabbit stew last night or id of gone off it if id got up at 6am for nout, was a good day out though mate and glad weather held off. Def going back to the old army boots though them wellies aint half bruised me feet ill be walking like a penguin at work, on the upside though atleast ya new nets worked a treat.

• Like 1

does he do it unasisted or you train him red , good ferret that drags them out

iv never had to train a ferret whin, let the ferret see the holes an let nature take its course, i do have pipes in the court tho so when the kids in playing way the kitts every summer they get used to being pulled out pipes an holes, but thats about it :thumbs:

rub the hands and count the cash ,has some fun and a laugh with welsh guy on here he swore his ferrets dragged every rabbit out he didnt realise rabbit was trying vacate the premisies but feret didnt let him better still several says they have the same type of ferrets it was a bit of a laugh then the penny dropped ,

rub the hands and count the cash ,has some fun and a laugh with welsh guy on here he swore his ferrets dragged every rabbit out he didnt realise rabbit was trying vacate the premisies but feret didnt let him better still several says they have the same type of ferrets it was a bit of a laugh then the penny dropped ,

:laugh: thats the welsh for ye :whistling: