new land

tim

hellow all, just to ask for some advise and what not..... going to some new land i have just been given permistion to shoot on and its teaming with rabbits, im going out tomorow for a little bash and was wanderin if u would have any good tips of these rabbits ie better walking and stalking or just siting and waiting ???................. also i have a bsa xl and was wonderin if the rws super domes would take a rabbit down?? its .177, i have logun penatrators as well but was just wondering all advise needed and welcome cheers tim

well the day went better than planed, managed one rabbit, took long enuf time to get :D about 30meters head shot, droped dead in its tracks so it was all good, might be going back tonite for an hour before dusk see how it goes

I usually make sure I know my zero range then go to the pitch for a good recce to see the best spots, then pace out my zero range from where I plan to hide. You could put a stick in the ground or something so you know your distance. Then I know if they're too far or not. It's well worth going out after dark with a lamp to see where there's most about. I always have more luck when I can get any breeze coming towards me. When I'm ambushing I usually take a rest out with me and set up on that so I can get a good steady sight picture and when you've bagged one don't be tempted to go and get it, Just leave it there cos chances are one of it's mates will have not noticed and soon be out to be the next victim. With the long evenings coming the fun just gets better. Enjoy it and make sure tghe landowner knows what a great job you're doing to tell all his neighbours