winter carp fishing

yeh ive been getting out abit weathers really mild i had 18 in a night just before christmas only little uns to 16lb but good sport for december i had 6 the other day in as many hours i think its got alot do with water choice the place ive moved onto as good winter form firstly its shallow weed free and at 12 acres small enough to find a few its good to get the confidence up until spring.

thats good going that lads!

i normally knock the fishing on the head until the warmer months lol but im itching to get out.

have you's any tips as to what works bait wise in the colder weather? should i find a firm spot and feed it up or just cast about?

any advise would be great.

Edited by swaino

Now's the time to get out mate bit of rain and this mild weather there going to be active. Try using bright hookbaits and small pva bags. I usually leave one rod on a spot that looks tasty and another to cast about for any signs I see. Just get out there mate none of us are catching next to the fire! atb :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...