LED lamps?

bp1984

Hello hunters im after some advice on lamps, Im currently using a deben tracer atom tactical with dimmer switch its a cracking little lamp and its got plenty of range for the distances i shoot, I like to have a flash round with the lamp half dimmed to spot the bunnies then stalk abit closer get down ready then full beam to shoot, This method has been quite successful for me for the last few years. The only draw back to the lamp is the battery thats strapped round my waist, its not to heavy its just abit annoying when climbing fences (alot of them on my shoot) and the cable sometimes gets tangled round my stock. Ive been looking at the lithium batterys for this lamp you can buy and mount to your stock but they seem abit expensive for the amount of lamp time you get. Ive seen alot of people have started using the little LEDray lamps and ive only seen one in action and i wasnt to impressed, It was bright yeah but the beam was really really tight and poor range in my eyes, Im not sure what lumens the lamp was? Im defo going to change my lamp at some point in the new year just not sure what to get so opinions please guys, i would really like to be able to keep a dimmer function with beam adjustment from flood for initial spotting to tight for the final shot (not easily pleased lol) i just need to loose some of the cable and the waist battery ATB brent

id love to powell but there still abit out of my price range, i have noticed there starting to come down in price slowly hopefully when people start using the new thermal imaging scopes nightvision will drop into my price range. Do you use nightvision at the min?

Just subscribed mate its alot clearer than i thought it would be using a cam ill defo be looking into that, How do you mount the camera if you dont mind me asking? and ill have a proper look through your vids later mate as im just off out for an hour cheers

I was lucky enough to have a LED lenser v2 for criggy this year and I went shooting with it last night, I have to say, it was the best lamp I've used, very nice and lightweight, a good strong beam out to at least 80m! Eye detecton was good out to 120 or so, more than enough at airgun ranges! Admittedly I did do a litte modification of adding some old R-10 shroud to the front to allow less glare from my scope but apart from that it was totally standard! My lamp fixing was a little Heath Robinson, but there's nothing some electrical tape can't solve!

If you need a good torch/shooting lamp then look no further!

Product Features

Prism Reflector system

High Intensity 1.25 watt LED

Lightweight aircraft aluminium casing

Rear tail cap switch - Constant beam or flash signal mode

Durable nylon pouch and lanyard included

Environmental Protection: IPX 4

Run Time

Up to 50 hours

Dimensions

115mm x 25mm

Weight

120gms

Power Supply

3 x AAA alkaline batteries included

Packaging and Contents

Supplied in presentation gift box and includes:

V2 Professional torch x 1

Durable nylon pouch x 1

Lanyard x 1

AAA alkaline battery x 3

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/professional-torches/led-lenser-v2-professional.html probably not the cheapest place out there!

I'll do some pics later if I get chance!

Phil