had a happy farmer today

Well i decided to go ferreting with my little brother we were going to go to one of my permissions but we were having no luck.

So we went down the road a bit was like 5 mins walk to my other permission. so i knocked on the farmers door and i asked where about's are you wanting me to kill the rabbits.

he showed me where the warrens were they were on a ditch sort of thing on each sides with a little bit of moving water was flowing and there was two fields on each side and they were eating the crops.

So we got started as we had all the holes netted up we put the ferrets down and stood back and waited. One bolted but got away cause if my little brother jamie he hadn't put the peg in the ground properly so the net didn't purse properly but he is still learning.

so i re netted up the hole and waited one bolted in to the field and my little whippet x Meg caught it and retrieved it to hand i was really pleased with her now she is getting the hang of it and listening to the rumbling under ground and knowing what hole the rabbit is going to bolt out of.

so far one in the bag and one more clean bolt and had a dig and it was only at (1 1/2ft) so was a nice easy dig and got one.

so far we have got 3 rabbits in the bag. so we went to the other side and netted up all the holes and put the ferrets down after 5 mins got a bolt out of a un netted hole but it ran back in to a netted one so got that one.

We waited for about 10-5 mins and had a kill it was at 3ft so i got digging and the rain started to poor down and i broke throw and one half alive rabbit so got packed up quickly as pos and it stopped raining.

i went back to the farmers door and showed him our bag he was well happy he asked me if id shot them i said no we didn't take a gun but i can shoot them for you if you want he said yeah if u want. and i said we would of had a better bag if we done more warrens but al come back next week end if the weather is good and he said no prob but when i ist asked for the permission he was a bit of an grump old sod but he was delighted and i asked if he wanted a couple of rabbits he took 3 from me

sorry no pic as my camera has broke took a few shoots on my phone but don't know who to upload them to my comp so that was my day out alb daryl :thumbs: