Question about shotgun certificate application form.

Hi all,

I am applying for my shotgun certificate for the first time,

and I've come to a sudden stop filling it in on one question.

I am just wondering who you used as a professional person to countersign your application form. it states A countersignatory must also be a Member of Parliament, Justice of the the peace...etc. I don't know anyone like that that.

I was going to use My doctor but he has recently retired, I was also thinking about my local post office, but that has recently changed hands also.

Any ideas who I could use?

Apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Thanks in advance,

AED

best thing to do is contact your local firearms licence unit and ask them. As I understand you can use any one who has a proffesional standing like vicar, lawyer,etc. I used my local parish councillor and was excepted with no problems.

Good Luck :victory:

best thing to do is contact your local firearms licence unit and ask them. As I understand you can use any one who has a proffesional standing like vicar, lawyer,etc. I used my local parish councillor and was excepted with no problems.

Good Luck :victory:

Thanks for the quick reply bullshot, I will give them a ring now.

i just got an old lady up the road to sign my last renewal no props

well I have heard that they just give shotgun licences out....lol

Wouldnt they check?

well the keep renewing mine :laugh: :laugh: the laugh is they say this that or the other to countersign a sgc but any tom dick or harry who`s known you for over 3 years can be a refferee on your firearms application :laugh: :laugh:

There is guidance on the BASC site that says soemthing similar to "...it is accepted that not everyone mixes in those cirlces", and goes on to say, basically, that any person of good standing should suffice. It can't be too stringent,I mean for gods sake, they let me use a SOLICITOR!!!