Irish Terriers

one a million i think to get a decnt one

i wouldnt think so, id say 1 in 100 maybe im not sure but all if not most would be gamey but to last the pace and be considered good id say about 1 in a 100, id like to hear some views from lads that have 1 or 2 knocking out a bit of work out tho..

i wouldnt hold your breath. and i wouldnt compare a show kc breed with a working wheaten either.

i wasnt comparing kc bred to working wheaten, i was just comparing the style of this Irish terrier workin that day to the job a working wheaten would do.. im not comparing the dogs or putting them on an even scale..

on a finding a working Irish terrier, yes i take your point i wouldnt hold my breath

the dog you saw must have been a good example then :thumbs: would be nice to see some working irish terriers. i put a post up a while ago looking for one. but never got much feedback. an old friend of mine would like one as his last terrier :yes:

he was indeed, i remember askin the make up of him & was there some other breed in his genes but he swore that he was a full irish terrier (certainly looked just as an Irish terrier would) and told me who he'd got him from.. i later met a man who hunts with the lad he got him from and told me he swapped 2 of his lakelands for 2 Irish terrier dogs, who he wanted to later outcross to his line of Lakelands..

pa seen ollie mac one take a fox up were he walks the dogs up the river near the earths are it was all over in a minite worked it well

he's as fine a terrier as ur ever gonna see, didnt know he worked it at all.. is that dog dead now? if not he's gettin on in years..

i wouldnt think so, id say 1 in 100 maybe im not sure but all if not most would be gamey but to last the pace and be considered good id say about 1 in a 100, id like to hear some views from lads that have 1 or 2 knocking out a bit of work out tho..

i wouldnt hold your breath. and i wouldnt compare a show kc breed with a working wheaten either.

i wasnt comparing kc bred to working wheaten, i was just comparing the style of this Irish terrier workin that day to the job a working wheaten would do.. im not comparing the dogs or putting them on an even scale..

on a finding a working Irish terrier, yes i take your point i wouldnt hold my breath

the dog you saw must have been a good example then :thumbs: would be nice to see some working irish terriers. i put a post up a while ago looking for one. but never got much feedback. an old friend of mine would like one as his last terrier :yes:

he was indeed, i remember askin the make up of him & was there some other breed in his genes but he swore that he was a full irish terrier (certainly looked just as an Irish terrier would) and told me who he'd got him from.. i later met a man who hunts with the lad he got him from and told me he swapped 2 of his lakelands for 2 Irish terrier dogs, who he wanted to later outcross to his line of Lakelands..

pa seen ollie mac one take a fox up were he walks the dogs up the river near the earths are it was all over in a minite worked it well

he's as fine a terrier as ur ever gonna see, didnt know he worked it at all.. is that dog dead now? if not he's gettin on in years..

dont no weather he is dead or not he used to let it hunt any thing that moved when he be out walking it went to ground even up in porters he leaft it ther came home two days later then the dog when hunting it self up the river he was telling me in the pub one night a good wile ago

dont no weather he is dead or not he used to let it hunt any thing that moved when he be out walking it went to ground even up in porters he leaft it ther came home two days later then the dog when hunting it self up the river he was telling me in the pub one night a good wile ago

ah he must be cos just thinking here, it must 12 year ago PC was sent up a Lakey bitch from a lad south of the county and told to get the stud off ollie but he threw his Toby dog over her instead, thats at least 12 years ago id say

irish terriers not worth a f**k 4 drawin to lite and cant take stick same as most kerry blues a good weathen 1000 times better tat auld dog of macs a shit bag came after me 1 nite and i walkin a staff bitch she had em by top of head and squalin 4 mercy in 10 secs and she was only 10 mth