Hi everyone - My interest is specifically earthdogs.

I had always liked terriers but never had one untill nearly six years ago after my 'bitsa' died. I had heard of Patterdale terriers but apart from being a 'bit like a jack russell' didn't really know anything about them. I heard about a litter local to me and went and bought the bitch you see in my avatar. She was bought as a pet and has always been as good as gold in the house and likes a cosy lap etc. however it soon became clear that outside she was a completely different dog who wanted to work and was going to (short of always keeping her on a lead - not an option!) whether my partner and I wanted her to or not.

I have never been squeamish and I have friends with farms where I had been shooting and I am also an occasional hunt follower. I therefore decided that she would work and here we are.

I used to be a member of the 'Working Patterdale Terrier Web' but they have chucked off everyone who hadn't posted for a little while. I was quite active on the site but sometimes didn't log on for a week or two as I don't always have the time. I have tried to re-register a few times but the site says that the administrator is not accapting any new members so I've given up and registered here instead - Looks like a good site and I look forward to reading and contributing to the forums.

:cheers: