it's not the dun thing but can be dun if you no a Knuth about the line going back 7/8 gen what you got to remember you dumbbell up on the good jeans and the bad. i have seen breeding's like this be for and not a Knuth research was dun on the line and the pup's had to be separated at 6 weeks as thy was go-on in the head and killing each other and by a year old there was only 2 left out of 5. if it was me i would go [bANNED TEXT] out to a dog that ant nothing to do with u'r bitch then the pup out of them then pout it back over the brother to u'r bitch but this can still be to close in sum way's atb swag

it's not the dun thing but can be dun if you no a Knuth about the line going back 7/8 gen what you got to remember you dumbbell up on the good jeans and the bad. i have seen breeding's like this be for and not a Knuth research was dun on the line and the pup's had to be separated at 6 weeks as thy was go-on in the head and killing each other and by a year old there was only 2 left out of 5. if it was me i would go [bANNED TEXT] out to a dog that ant nothing to do with u'r bitch then the pup out of them then pout it back over the brother to u'r bitch but this can still be to close in sum way's atb swag

Nice one swag ;) so when your looking back through the generations you have to see if there any faults that are common within that line as it would be twice as likely to show up in the offspring?

Edited by womble 1 nut

Nice one swag ;) so when your looking back through the generations you have to see if there any faults that are common within that line as it would be twice as likely to show up in the offspring?

If we're being pedantic it's actually many, many times more likely.

If there are quality sires of a similar type available then brother to sister matings make no sense, too risky for limited potential reward.

If there are quality sires of a similar type available then brother to sister matings make no sense, too risky for limited potential reward.

thanks hogdog ,but would that not mean that the good qualities within the line are more likely to show as well though? I'm not thinking of doing this by the way I'm just genuinely interested.

thanks hogdog ,but would that not mean that the good qualities within the line are more likely to show as well though? I'm not thinking of doing this by the way I'm just genuinely interested.

Yeah sure, inbreeding is used to 'set traits' and is indiscriminate as to whether they be good or bad. It's normally used to set an unusual and valuable trait that you can't find elsewhere.

Brother and sister matings have the highest possible coefficient of inbreeding. Recessive genes need two copies to be expressed so the chances that a brother and sister will hold one copy each and pass them onto their offspring is far higher than with two less closely related dogs. As most rare diseases are recessive you're taking a risk. Fertility, size and immune system strength can also be lost so it should only ever be done if there's are extremely good reasons and there's no decent alternative.

In order for inbreeding and close linebreeding to be successful you need to have a through knowledge of ancestors well back in the pedigree to be able to assess their traits and the true quality of the line, then strict evaluated culling must be used to retain desireable traits and eliminate unwanted ones.........An undertaking that requires a very objective approach and intelligent planning.....Not for the faint of heart, requiring perseverance and commitment.