Semi-auto on 3/4 choke...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just in case anyone else wondered, last time I went to the club I got to the point where I didn't even bother to keep a score. I was using 3/4 choke. But this time I found that half-choke works best for me, using 28gr with size 6 shot.

Yeah probs best to drop down to 1/4 choke then when your accuracy and confidence picks up start tightening, I have skeet in my auto and cylinder, 1/4 in my o/u I'm ok with that and have only been flaying for a year or so. Best to try and help yourself out otherwise you'll get disheartened and fall out with your gun,could also try 28g 7.5 shot (cheaper than the 6's too and good for clays)

• 2 weeks later...

I would use a smaller shot size 7.5 is a good all rounder, but if your doing skeet or something close then you could afford to drop it down to an 8 although some even use 9s.

I personally use 1/2 choke in my semi because I also use that on the woodies so it's nice and consistent. It also takes a bit of the pressure off for the longer clays.

In vtime you will find the setup that works best for you

happy shooting

atb ratty