falconry first aid kits also 5th november

saxonmaster

I dont carry one mate but i have bit's and bob's at home..all i carry when flying is a spare leash swivel and jesses a small creance some cable ties and a pair of snip's..and a dead bunnie incase i ever have trouble recalling the bird..luckely it's never been needed but it's peace of mind for me..

My bird is not bothered by the fire work's and happely just sit's in the weathering...but if you are worried it wont hurt to box him up till they have finnished.. :thumbs:

I dont carry one mate but i have bit's and bob's at home..all i carry when flying is a spare leash swivel and jesses a small creance some cable ties and a pair of snip's..and a dead bunnie incase i ever have trouble recalling the bird..luckely it's never been needed but it's peace of mind for me..

My bird is not bothered by the fire work's and happely just sit's in the weathering...but if you are worried it wont hurt to box him up till they have finnished.. :thumbs:

Nice one thanks mate. What do you keep at home mate? I also carry spare jesses, leash, swivel batteries and so on and your right mate its peace of mind i always have a loaded lure pad just in case you know if you dont have it you will need it always the way. I think i will bring him in during the fire works and box him up we live near a few place that hold fire work displays so get a bit loud. cheers mate

The only stuff i realy use at home is iodine and sudocrem on the leg's where he sometime's scuff's them around the anklet area when he has been bating about..other than that im not that clued up on the broken leg/wing side of thing's..i have micro pore tape and stuff that can be used for splint's on the leg's and also bit's of bandage if i ever need to strap a injured wing up while going to the vet's..the best thing i do have is a casting jacket which can be placed on a hooded injured bird which stop's any movment whatsoever..

http://www.mikesfalconry.com/product.asp?specific=1286

The only stuff i realy use at home is iodine and sudocrem on the leg's where he sometime's scuff's them around the anklet area when he has been bating about..other than that im not that clued up on the broken leg/wing side of thing's..i have micro pore tape and stuff that can be used for splint's on the leg's and also bit's of bandage if i ever need to strap a injured wing up while going to the vet's..the best thing i do have is a casting jacket which can be placed on a hooded injured bird which stop's any movment whatsoever..

http://www.mikesfalc...p?specific=1286

thats a great idea mate. Think that will be something i will add to the kit cheers mate :thumbs:

gwr vet do a first aid kit ,, just down the road from my work , prob bit dear but all you willl need

cheers steve can you text there number over to me if you have it. like you said it might be expensive buying from them like most things that come from vets but might be worth finding out what they have in theres and putting it together myself.

a few things I have in mine are some Iodine, I also have mixed some Iodine with some vasaline in a small tub, its handy as its stick to a wound and stays there longer, some Glucose saline is also good, a decent crop tube and a good probiotic is handy...

I have antibiotics too namely Amoxycillin and some other things such as Liquid parafin, also some Thiamine for the Goshawks just incase.... just a few things off the top of my head mate, my bird first aid box is better than the one we have in doors for us :laugh:........

a few things I have in mine are some Iodine, I also have mixed some Iodine with some vasaline in a small tub, its handy as its stick to a wound and stays there longer, some Glucose saline is also good, a decent crop tube and a good probiotic is handy...

I have antibiotics too namely Amoxycillin and some other things such as Liquid parafin, also some Thiamine for the Goshawks just incase.... just a few things off the top of my head mate, my bird first aid box is better than the one we have in doors for us :laugh:........

Hahaha i know what your saying there mate you cut a finger or something and there aint a blaster in sight but you have everything you need for the animals hahaha. The vasalin mix is a very good idea mate keep any crap out of the injury and keep it where its meant to be. Might have to see if i could get someone to show me how to use a crop tube or salin properly. Something i forgot to ask about how do you apply treatment to any sores on the feet if needed Thor hasnt got any problem but just in case would you use a unsharped pencil or something like that?

Hahaha i know what your saying there mate you cut a finger or something and there aint a blaster in sight but you have everything you need for the animals hahaha. The vasalin mix is a very good idea mate keep any crap out of the injury and keep it where its meant to be. Might have to see if i could get someone to show me how to use a crop tube or salin properly. Something i forgot to ask about how do you apply treatment to any sores on the feet if needed Thor hasnt got any problem but just in case would you use a unsharped pencil or something like that?

I always have a tub of vaseline handy under the bed mate if you want some :laugh:.

Foot sores I gently fine spray with VIRKON after a meal to keep them clean from any bacteria, you can also stick some Iodine on them with a cotton bud if needed. this is another time when a bird made to the Hood comes in handy, lifes made alot easier if the birds a bit arsey :thumbs:......

I always have a tub of vaseline handy under the bed mate if you want some :laugh:.

Foot sores I gently fine spray with VIRKON after a meal to keep them clean from any bacteria, you can also stick some Iodine on them with a cotton bud if needed. this is another time when a bird made to the Hood comes in handy, lifes made alot easier if the birds a bit arsey :thumbs:......

:icon_eek: i think ill give that one a miss but thanks all the same mate :laugh: :laugh: