Sauer .243

I recently upgraded my old .243 for a second hand sauer that looks to be in great condition.

I have been out, checked the zero and everything seems fine.

I was giving it a clean and thought i would run a piece of paper under the barrel to the end of the stock to make sure it was nice and clean and came across a small section of contact.

The barrel is very slightly touching the stock over about 5mm, questions is, have I spent the best part of £1000 on a duff rifle or will it be ok?

If it shoots......................it shoots... Dont break it, if it aint fixed. You say zeroing....what is grouping like ?

Which model Sauer have you got?

I had a Sauer 202 synthetic, which was a great stalking rifle, it screamed build quality from the metal work, but i was a little disappointed at the flexible fore end to be honest.

Matty

I cant remember what model it is, I have everything at home including the original manual just cant remember right now the model. It is quite an old rifle but has done littl, there is no scrapes chips or marks of any kind, came with two spare mags and a W German S and B scope.

At a hundred yards the grouping was very slightly to the right, spot on, on height and a 3 shot group was round about an inch, so I was happy with that.

I phoned the dealer that I got it from and he assured me that it wont be a problem, so I am just getting a feed back from people witha lot more experience than me.

if your gettin' a group of 1 inch at 100 yards...you're doin' fine.

Just alter the zero to reflect the position of the group slightly.. unless there was a cross wind when you zero'd

Just out of interest what ammo you using? ie weight and manufacturer?

Matty