Sound Moderator for a 223.

Was asking about a T8 earlier on. But have learnt a bit over the weeks. What I am really after is one that ;- Is as quiet as possiblt and also one that cuts down on recoil. I have a funny feeling that there wont be a good moderator that does both.

Possibles are T8, Wildcat Predetor 8, or ASE Ultra CQBS.

Ian.

all moderators cut down recoil more or less.I`ve got a wildcat on my .223 and its very good.Strippable, and appears to cut down noise satisfactorily.

The only comparison i can make is with a T8 on a mates 22.250 so its not very subjective, but the T8 seems to do a really good job of taming the noise.It does ring noticably though.Not strippable.

Hope this helps, but noise perception is difficult and can vary through a lot of things like surroundings, adjacent hills,and how far the bullet will travel to impact.

Edited by bumble

People on the earlier thread you started were trying to help you but nothing was acknowledged,did you talk to markha he had one for sale. most, if not all full bore moderators cut down noise and recoil.Most people have what youv'e mentioned,but at the end of the day its down to your preferences,they've all got good and bad points :unsure: .

I still have mine for sale.

Basically its classed as 'hearing safe' ie safe to shoot with no other hearing protection worn.

Also recoil is reduced a fair bit, I can see bullet impact through the scope as recoil is so low.

Wildcat Predator 8 is quieter and lighter than its competitor the T8 - and thats a quiet mod. Also Predator 8 is fully strippable as you would have seen in the pics in my for sale post. T8 is not strippable.

So for the cost of £160 plus postage to your local RFD for a mod that has only had about 300 rounds through it and yes its in perfect clean condition. Or you can pay £250+ for a new one. Ill even throw in a neoprene cover that stops any metalic ringing.

At the end of the day mate its your call, but remember, in the real world they are called moderators on centre fire rifles/guns, they are only silencers on rifles/guns firing subsonic ammunition.

T8 was chosen by Forestry Commission for its HSE noise in the work place regulations and as said Wildcat P8 is quieter.

Your in the market for a good mod and Im selling one, cant be simpler than that :)