thinking of getting a LEDray GL2 for my air rifle any opinions??

I have had the GL2 it is a good bit of kit, but I changed it for the tactical 400 and it's a lot better, the green filter is fab too. All you need for airgun shooting not the 50 million lumen to the moon and back beam stuff that everyone seems to feel is needed. And perfect in the barns for pigeons and rat's.

I think it's a perfect little bit of kit for the ranges we realistically shoot with sub 12lb/ft air rifles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deben-Tracer-LEDRay-Tactical-400-Lumen-170m-Lamp-Kit-/280587908601?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item415457b5f9#ht_559wt_1139

I have a GL2 and it does the trick, however my pressure switch broke withing a couple of outings and the orange and red filters don't work that well (they reduce the light too much so you can't see much) but on white light it does the trick even if the beam is a little too wide. However a mate of mine has the GL4 with a red bulb which in my opinion is better....

GL2 works for me, bought the red filter for it and it does reduce the range a bit, but not so much that it prevents me from taking out rabbits, pigeons etc safely within my range.

On the plus side the reduced range forces you to improve your stalking skills.

Also bought a "Cree" kit for £15 on eBay, does the trick (albeit not as well) at a fraction of the £60+ I spent on the GL2 plus filter.

Very much a case of you get what you pay for, with hind sight (and a few extra quid) I would have bought the GL4 if only for the additional range (for spotting) when using the red filter.