plectrum, tailmount

ivanh

• 2 weeks later...

used these in the past but they always seemed a bit flimsy for my liking and easily snapped when they get a bit weathered, I ended up glueing them onto a thin peice of leather and cutting it to the shape of the plec, this definitely helped to reinforce it.

here's a few plecs on here cheap as chips,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Dunlop-Nylon-1-0-Black-Guitar-Picks-Plectrums-/110727023933?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19c7d84d3d

i made mine for a bell mount mate, cut a thick plastic peice into plec shape, then two holes half way down with leather strip threaded through the holes so you have two even leanths bout an inch, seperate the two middle tail feathers with a peice of card so you have them on the card with the other feathers underneath, put another small hole near the bottom of the plec thread a small zip tie through and attach a bell, now mix some amerite and glue the two leather strips to the tail feather as near to the top as you can then tie the two peices with two zip ties each side as it takes a while to set, when this is done sprinkle talc over the glued area to stop it sticking to the other feathers, this will last all season and has never failed me and of course its cheep as chips, it just falls out when she moults, thats for a bell mount but im sure you could add a telemetry mount as well the same way with a bit of alteration, hope this helps pal regards mal