harris

Book called harris hawk by william harris. Best book I ever read about harris mate

no disrespect to the author mate but it would be a nice book for proping the bed up if it was a bit thicker ;) . if you get yourself or hire one from the Library try and get yourself a decent old book on Manning and trainning a shortwing, I wouldn't be looking at any books specific on a Harris! once you glean the techniques involved in trainning a P/R shortwing you'll certaionly carry this through to train a Harris.

when I was a lad I used to lay under the bed covers with a torch "The Art And Practice Of Hawking - E B Michell", Mavrogordatos A Hawk For The Bush would also be a nice book to read cover to cover a few times :thumbs: .

Book called harris hawk by william harris. Best book I ever read about harris mate

no disrespect to the author mate but it would be a nice book for proping the bed up if it was a bit thicker ;) . if you get yourself or hire one from the Library try and get yourself a decent old book on Manning and trainning a shortwing, I wouldn't be looking at any books specific on a Harris! once you glean the techniques involved in trainning a P/R shortwing you'll certaionly carry this through to train a Harris.

when I was a lad I used to lay under the bed covers with a torch "The Art And Practice Of Hawking - E B Michell", Mavrogordatos A Hawk For The Bush would also be a nice book to read cover to cover a few times :thumbs: .

have to try and get that waiting for me mate to finish a hawk for the bush so i can lend it have you read desert hawking 2 covers quite a bit on harrises coopers and sharp shinned good read

I'm not a good reader these days Mick but it sounds the perfect books for the lad to pick up and read :thumbs: mate, do you know I used to love to sit and read a book and if it was good I would read it again so I remembered the most beneficial bits. these days I just can't sit and relax with a good book. I moved here a couple of years back and all my Falconry books went into a couple of Cardboard boxes, they still sit there today apart from one I loaned out the other week "North American Falconry And Hunting Hawks - Beebe and Webster".

I'm now seriously thinking of fireing them all on Ebay includeing the signed copies, most still have the dust covers but some are well read and look like they've seen better days ;)

Jasp

I'm not a good reader these days Mick but it sounds the perfect books for the lad to pick up and read :thumbs: mate, do you know I used to love to sit and read a book and if it was good I would read it again so I remembered the most beneficial bits. these days I just can't sit and relax with a good book. I moved here a couple of years back and all my Falconry books went into a couple of Cardboard boxes, they still sit there today apart from one I loaned out the other week "North American Falconry And Hunting Hawks - Beebe and Webster".

I'm now seriously thinking of fireing them all on Ebay includeing the signed copies, most still have the dust covers but some are well read and look like they've seen better days ;)

Jasp

let me know if any for sale i like reading during the moult am trying to get a bit of a colection

Jasp

let me know if any for sale i like reading during the moult am trying to get a bit of a colection

100% will do mate :thumbs:, I have a fair few pictures/prints too from andrew ellis and Ron digby! I'm also thinking of moving most of them on too. I'm getting to the stage now mate where I'm sick of bird looking at me on the living room walls aswel as in the garden :laugh: