GSD (BSD ) x Greyhound

I have posted on other forums regarding the above cross and had very mixed response.

I have ( few years back now ) owned a 3/4 Greyhound 1/4 GSD Bred by S Barton from his dog Musket and rated the dog very highly, took all quarry single handed, worked with ferrets and was very loyal. She died young from Lukemia.

I posted questions regarding the BSD ( Malinois ) first cross greyhound as I think they (pure Mally ) resmble a lighter framed GSD so a first cross should produce a dog capable of ALL rabbiting duties and guard to and have a great nose and brain, pre-ban I reckon they would take the odd hare and fox too.

I was guided to this forum as people have already bred the Mally cross. What are the results working like? What are thier temperments like? What would improve them? People who have had the GSD cross I know usually stick to them, would owners of Mally crosses on here say the same? Any pictures?

My 3/4 GSD was red with a black muzzle which I really liked so think a Mally cross red greyhound bitch would give me what I want from a lurcher and the colour I like.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Rich

any pics mate

Can't find them at the moment but if you log on to Hunter-United's forum and look at the post by ginge2k7 titled My Lurcher, Ty this dog looks almost identical to my 3/4 Grey 1/4 GSD. Her coat was thicker though, not longer just thicker. As soon as I saw the photo I though of Gemma, my old girl B)