Charlie not playing the game.....

One of my farmers called me the other day telling me that there is a fox hanging around his pheasant pens. The farm is arable with dense woodlands containing the pens. After several days and nights trying to connect with the red furred, pointy eared marauder I was drawing a blank. Ok so a new tack was called for and seeing obvious runs on the edges of the woods out came the dry dog food and tuna oil. First lot disappeared on the first night as did the subsequent lots on the following days. Now charlie has been pinned to a particular spot all that remained was to find out what time he is mooching around that spot. Time for a piece of technology that I bought a while ago just for this situation. The trail cam did it's job and I do believe that I shall be sat out from 3.45 tomorrow morning thumbs.gif

SUNP0003.jpg

One of my farmers called me the other day telling me that there is a fox hanging around his pheasant pens. The farm is arable with dense woodlands containing the pens. After several days and nights trying to connect with the red furred, pointy eared marauder I was drawing a blank. Ok so a new tack was called for and seeing obvious runs on the edges of the woods out came the dry dog food and tuna oil. First lot disappeared on the first night as did the subsequent lots on the following days. Now charlie has been pinned to a particular spot all that remained was to find out what time he is mooching around that spot. Time for a piece of technology that I bought a while ago just for this situation. The trail cam did it's job and I do believe that I shall be sat out from 3.45 tomorrow morning thumbs.gif

SUNP0003.jpg

A little of topic but how much would one of those trail cameras set you back then?........ :thumbs:

A little of topic but how much would one of those trail cameras set you back then?........ :thumbs:

Here you go

Cheers........... :thumbs:

Is there aflash on this when filming or taking pictures, just wondered if it would be suitable for keeping an eye on theiving c**ts.......... :hmm:

Here you go

Is there aflash on this when filming or taking pictures, just wondered if it would be suitable for keeping an eye on theiving c**ts.......... :hmm:

No flash mate it automatically switches to IR when the daylight fades. It also takes video thumbs.gif

Here you go

No flash mate it automatically switches to IR when the daylight fades. It also takes video thumbs.gif

Thank You....... :thumbs:

Nope :whistling:

Sat out from a quarter to four in anticipation. At 4.45 I saw a white flash from the treeline around where I baited up. Then a dark shape came slinking from the same place. Safety came off and I lined up on a poxy feral cat. I gave it until six then took a meander down to find that all the bait had been snaffled earlier. Looks like an earlier start tomorrow or Friday :gunsmilie:

Nope :whistling:

Sat out from a quarter to four in anticipation. At 4.45 I saw a white flash from the treeline around where I baited up. Then a dark shape came slinking from the same place. Safety came off and I lined up on a poxy feral cat. I gave it until six then took a meander down to find that all the bait had been snaffled earlier. Looks like an earlier start tomorrow or Friday :gunsmilie:

Pheasant pen v Feral cat.......... :icon_eek: Hope that safety stayed off.......... :whistling: