Butler Creek Pop-Up Scope Covers

For the second time this year, the front Butler Creek scope cover has broken - just at the hinged section. I've also noticed elsewhere on the net quite a lot of adverse comments against Butler Creek covers.

I'm definately not splashing out on another Butler Creek cover, and wonder if anyone has suggestions for an alternative?

Seen loads on Fleabay, mostly from China etc. Also seen the Accu cover, which looks better build but they are £20.

Objective lens is 56mm, and overall outside diameter is ~ 61mm, on a Docter variable scope. Back pop up is fine.

Edited by fireblade_rrw

Had the same problem on my S&B 8X56 Butler Creeks are not the same as they used to be :thumbdown:got myself the accucover, save you money in the long run perfect :thumbs:

Yeah I'm going to go that way. Other thing I noticed with BC pop ups, you simple can't glue them either ! They use some weird plastic !

Never again.

I gave up on scope covers, I seem to have the knack of knocking them open and then catching them on the nearest bush, and either leaving them behind or snapping them in half. I just carry a resealable food bag with some dry tissue in so I can dry the lens if it gets rained on now, far cheaper to replace than a cover, and I've never had any damage to a scope that a cover would have prevented.