thinking of getting a few birds

hi folks only just descoved this part of the site, i have been relandscaping the garden for my mother as i have just moved home and the garden was just wasteground, its now looking 1000% better with kennels at the back and a swing seat area for my mum, i have always been intrested in getting a few birds, like canarys or finches, something with a nice song and isnt too hard to keep, im not intrested in breeding so what would be better all males or females, how hard are finches/canarys to keep, how big a flight area would i need for say 4-6 birds, i dont want to get them just yet would like to do my research first so any help would be apreciated, cheers ingram

A couple of pairs of Irish fancy canaries would be good to start off with, I know you say you've no interest in breeding but when you build a flight and put the birds in you'll most likely change your mind :thumbs: With regard to finches and their song a cock goldfinch and a cock linnet are great singers or a couple of cock mules be it goldfinch or linnet mules are a joy to hear if finch noted and in top form.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :thumbs: