A & T Miners Welfare - Terrier & Lurcher CLub

Guest earthdogfinder

Guest earthdogfinder

Hi was anyone at the gin pit terrier and lurcher show today ?

It was a good show and a better turn out then ive known there before

BUT I dont think the terrier judge knew enough about terriers at all , the winner of the champion jack russell terrier - while it was a nice type of a terrier was 70% plus black , while anyone who knows or even bothers to read the breed standard of a jack russell should know it should be predominately white with tan or black markings or tri colour white tan and black , to my idea this terrier was part black lakeland or black patterdale being 70% black - as it will be seen in the countrymans weekly in a few weeks , this IS clearly a judging decision where the judge has absolutely no idea of the breed stand of the the jack russell terrier !!!!

Guest earthdogfinder

Breed standard give your head a shake it's a working dogshow if your that bothered join the kennel club

Then why bother having crossbreds , jack russells , patterdale classes etc !!!, why not just say working terriers - all types in the ring now -- no because they print different classes for diffierent types !!

Breed standard give your head a shake it's a working dogshow if your that bothered join the kennel club

Then why bother having crossbreds , jack russells , patterdale classes etc !!!, why not just say working terriers - all types in the ring now -- no because they print different classes for diffierent types !!E JUDGES

:thumbs::thumbs: SOUNDS LIKE A LAKIE X PAT. CROSS, THEREFORE IT SHOULD BE IN THE CROSSBREEDS, BUT IF IT TOOK THE JUDGES EYE, HES THE BOSS ON THE DAY, YES YOUR RIGHT A RUSSELL IS PRODOMATLEY WHITE.

Guest earthdogfinder

I'd like to say I know a bit about terriers and I couldn't give two fuuuuucks about any breed standard

The thing is - then dont make classes at show " singling out types " . Have breed and worked (digging ) terriers in the UK and Ireland for over 30 years , if people are gona run these show they should know about there dogs !!

I'd like to say I know a bit about terriers and I couldn't give two fuuuuucks about any breed standard

The thing is - then dont make classes at show " singling out types " . Have breed and worked (digging ) terriers in the UK and Ireland for over 30 years , if people are gona run these show they should know about there dogs !!

FAIR COMMENT, PERSONLY I WOULD HAVE TURFED THE OUT, BUT THATS THE WAY SHOWS ARE NOWDAYS, EVEN SO ITS A BIT A FUN. :thumbs:

Guest earthdogfinder

You'd have loved this then!

A genuine photo taken today at a hunt terrier and lurcher show.

Lol - no way , nice one strong stuff , whats happening at some of these shows jesus

for what its worth this is my view --- if it won the show it would have beat anything on the day ... if it caught my eye when i was judgeing and i thought it would have been a problem in the russell class i would have told the owner i like the dog but to bring it back in the crossbreds class ..common sense ..

Guest earthdogfinder

You'd have loved this then!

A genuine photo taken today at a hunt terrier and lurcher show.

did`nt know you took your new bird round the shows ;)

Youve got me at a disadvantage stig ? - i give up ? . New bird ? - ive been with the same chic for 20 months !!