Some of this years mules.

While i'm on photobucket some pics of some of this years mules my birds have bred,

greenie mules.

Picture721.jpg

Picture719.jpg

Picture718.jpg

Picture717.jpg

Picture716.jpg

Picture715.jpg

goldie and clear greenie mules

Picture714.jpg

Picture711.jpg

Picture706.jpg

this young one is the same age as the red goldie mules but wasn't feather pecked by it mother,the red ones seem to have moulted straight into adult plumage??? :blink:

Picture723.jpg

couple more greenie mules

Picture722.jpg

Picture707.jpg

Fireman,can you tell me what a 'Mule' is mate,cos I keep reading the phrase and just haven't a clue.Could you pm me in case I can't find the post again.

Martin(always willing to learn) :thumbs:

Pm sent mate,but for others a mule is a canary x finch,a hybrid is a finch x finch.The way round you use the canary either cock or hen is personal choice but any bullfinch mule will be bully hen canary cock as the bully cock can't breed with anything else but a bully hen,same with bully hybrids,bully hen used.Mules are bred as a canary will sing most of the time and a finch doesn't,so you have a product caperble of singing finch all the time and all you have to do is let them hear only finch song.

Pm sent mate,but for others a mule is a canary x finch,a hybrid is a finch x finch.The way round you use the canary either cock or hen is personal choice but any bullfinch mule will be bully hen canary cock as the bully cock can't breed with anything else but a bully hen,same with bully hybrids,bully hen used.Mules are bred as a canary will sing most of the time and a finch doesn't,so you have a product caperble of singing finch all the time and all you have to do is let them hear only finch song.

Cracking pictures mate and good post :thumbs:

YIS D

• 2 weeks later...

2 of these greenie mules have been feeding each other and there only this years bird so i think i might pair them off for the winter and see if i can use them as rearers for next year if they nest up.Just to do something different really and thanks bulldoug and if folk don't ask then they won't know eh :thumbs: .