One for the rifle lads

Allright lads.

Ive been looking at different rifles, nothing to big :laugh:. Ive looked at CZ mainly the 17HMR, 22 rimfire and the .22LR. As i would only want somthing for rabbits, hares and maybe the odd close up fox. :tongue2. I dont know too much about rifles, so could any of you lads tell me what each of these rifles are capable of killing at what distance :hmm: Or if you could recommend what rifle would be the best for my needs!! :D

Your help would be apreciated :victory:

Thanks lads

ATB Jason

Edited by jason ov rez

Allright lads.

Ive been looking at different rifles, nothing to big :laugh:. Ive looked at CZ mainly the 17HMR, 22 rimfire and the .22LR. As i would only want somthing for rabbits, hares and maybe the odd close up fox. :tongue2. I dont know too much about rifles, so could any of you lads tell me what each of these rifles are capable of killing at what distance :hmm: Or if you could recommend what rifle would be the best for my needs!! :D

Your help would be apreciated :victory:

Thanks lads

ATB Jason

a.22lr and .22 rimfire are the same ideal for rabbits hares and close in foxes but dont mention that to the police as a lad i know ended up having to involve basc as durham police refused to allow him a rimmy for fox he ended up with a.22rimfiremagnum as a comp romise anyway .22 cz great little rifle ideal for up to 80-100 yds if you can shoot that is :laugh:

The .22 rimmy and LR are the same deal mate :yes: . Good cheep and accurate round out to 80-100 yards. Can be prone to richochets given the basic bullet type and relatively low velocity but, like all shooting, if in doubt don't f*****g fire :D ! The plus point of this is that if you fit a moderator and use subsonic ammo (Win super-x / cci subs / eley subs) you have a practically silent rabbit killing machine (nothing you can do about the WALLOP when you hit one mind ;) ) They are fine for fox at sensible distances and with correct bullet placement. You can also get high velocity rounds like the CCI Velociter which properly f**k foxes up.

As for .22 models you can't go wrong with a CZ Varmint or Bruno. :victory: Solid, reliable, accutate and cheep. What more do you need :yes:

I've recently got a .17 HMR and i love it :wub:

Very flat and accurate cartridge to 150yrds and just a bit of holdover will stretch to 180-200 (i haven't shot at this range with it yet) Can certainly deal with fox's although i would use the CCI TNT or Gamepoints as they have better penetration than the V-MAX loads... which just go splat :o :sick:

Good luck with your decision. :victory:

i have used the 17HMR for 3 years a good rabbit/crow gun but i DONT RATE them on fox i have had more runners than kills but i always take a bully with me so they dont run far

DSCF0010-2.jpg

DSCF00063.jpg

DSCF00082.jpg

:D:D:D:victory:

those rabbits look frozen to me ,i am sure you take them out of the freezer just for the camera jas,all the best gary abes

i have used the 17HMR for 3 years a good rabbit/crow gun but i DONT RATE them on fox i have had more runners than kills but i always take a bully with me so they dont run far

DSCF0010-2.jpg

DSCF00063.jpg

DSCF00082.jpg

:D:D:D:victory:

those rabbits look frozen to me ,i am sure you take them out of the freezer just for the camera jas,all the best gary abes

you told them all now gar :hmm: :whistle: hows it going mate :thumbs-up:

Well I have a ruger 10/22 semi auto .22 rimfire its great little bit of kit i have had it for about 5 years now I think i only paid £120 for it and its fired tens of thousands of rounds, great for bunny bashing or for taking hoddies and pigeons. When i was keepering that was all i carried with me so quiet and if you shoot it enough then you will be able to take some good shots with it. Only ever had one fox with it and that was at a realease pen at night so the birds didnt get disturbed. You can buy 25 shot banana mags for them get three an tape them together and you nearly have a whole night shooting with out reloading.