Do I put NV on .22 or .17hmr ?

Hi all, I recently got ATN Spartan 410 NV scope and laser. I haven't fitted it to my rimfire yet which is a Sako quad I have the .22 barrel as well as the .17hmr barrel. Is it going to be better to fit it with the .22 and take full advantage of the quietness or am I better off with it on the 17hmr and be able to use the better range and foxhitting ability etc but make some more noise? I'll be mainly going for rabbits. Have any of you guys tryed it on both? The set up alows a clear view out to at least 100yds.

Any advice appreciated

Hi all, I recently got ATN Spartan 410 NV scope and laser. I haven't fitted it to my rimfire yet which is a Sako quad I have the .22 barrel as well as the .17hmr barrel. Is it going to be better to fit it with the .22 and take full advantage of the quietness or am I better off with it on the 17hmr and be able to use the better range and foxhitting ability etc but make some more noise? I'll be mainly going for rabbits. Have any of you guys tryed it on both? The set up alows a clear view out to at least 100yds.

Any advice appreciated

I would stick it on the hummer for it's flatness saying that i use mine on both 22lr&hmr but most on the hmr

I'd do the same, stick it on the hmr so you haven't got to worry about hold overs as judging distance is hard at first with nv. Then when the rabbits start dissapearing after the first loud bang swap it onto the .22 with sub sonics and silencer to get that edge again!

Thanks guys , your right range estimation is very difficult at night anyway so the hmr does seem the best way to go. My local farmer has just cut his silage in the field over the road so as soon as this damn wind drops I'll be over there to zero her,hopefully at the weekend. :thumbs:

as said above realy if noise isn't an issue to neighbours then stick with the 17 bunnies arent to worried by it at night it's as if they dont now where it's come from. range estimation is a nightmare with nv even with gen3 it don't get no better