.177 spring advise if possible

Afternoon all, I'm after some spring advise if anyone can help ?. My son has a Gamo delta fox, .177. I'm just about ready to let him bring his rifle with me when i go shooting so that he can join in on the hunt. the trouble is that it only putting out just under 10 ft/lb of power and I'm not overly sure that's enough power for a clean kill. I don't really want to change the the gun because it fits him really well and he is very comfortable with it. so, with out going on about it, is there a spring that will fit this rifle ?, please bare in mind that it's junior rifle. I don't want to go overboard with the power, I'm just after bringing the power upto a respectable hunting power and definitely not after doing anything illegal !!. any help would be much appreciated ! (i did post this this morning, but it seems to have disappeared)

Hi, mate.

Ten's plenty so long as your lad can put his shots in the right place. Just keep to a sensible distance and if the lad does his bit, he'll be fine.

Avoid the temptation to fit a 'high powered' spring. It'll over-spring the gun, ruin the accuracy and make it horrible to shoot for what will only be a small power gain from his Gamo. Keep with the standard spec. as and when it needs a change.

Good on you for getting your lad out for a mooch, my lads love it too :thumbs:

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968

Afternoon mate. yeah, your probably right. i'll probably stick with it as it is and see what happens. I thought it would probably be powerfull enough, but wasn't 100%. cheers anyway !.

Edited by Craig78