hprs dropping to flush

HI all, i have a gsp dog from working lines that i have trained and is 15months old. He does directions, recalls, drops on the whistle+to shot. Does blinds, memory retrieves etc. Now though after visiting a gsp trainer who also trials his dogs he was saying they dont need to drop to flush, and even joked about his dog chasing a hare. As my dog will be a roughshooting dog, every rabbit he has flushed has coming out of the opposite side of a hedge he has entered, and has been shot as usually he will still be in the hedge. Living in wales is quite hard on a smooth coated dog as my permissions are all very heavily trashy. Do you people think i should be content with him not dropping or should i try and instil it?

I would insist it!! you should train your dog how you require him to be trained, i got mixed up with some trailing people and found my self taking there advice and it was all a waste of time as i dont trail!

You would ask a spaniel to drop while rough shooting so why not a gsp?

I have a litter of GSP's here if you know any one who is after one?

Cheers

Alex