since 4 days ago after a long walk,my pup had been running fast chasing another pup around as usual,when we got back to the cars i noticed he was light on his front left leg,now it seemed he recovered quit quick,and thought it was my imagination,the next day.iv felt him over and thers no pain coming from his muscles,or growth plates on leg,nothing in his paw,i think its coming from his shoulder,its only after hes ran around he carrys it for a minute then he seems to walk fine,im gona take him to a vet after tonights limps,he seems fine now but thers obviously somthing there,has anybody experienced this and what would you recomend,appreciate all comment,thanks for your time,mark

Try resting him beddi and for while just walk him on the lead on his own so he doesn't get to excited and wound up with the other dogs about. my bull cross hit a slab of stone chasing a fox and I thought it had smashed his shoulder but it was just badly bruised and needed a couple of stitches.If you don't think its improving take him to the vets

Stoaty

Worst age for injuries like this: they tear around like loons and don't have very good brakes nor turning power, collisions, slips and falls all happen. Shoulder muscle tear? Damaged ligament or tendon? Take your pick: impossible to say what it is without having an expert look the dog over. The main thing to do is not let the dog run at all for at least a fortnight. Lead exercise only. Most bumps, strains etc heal just fine, but it pays to let a good physio look at it. Regular vets may just prescribe pain killers and anti inflammatories, which may do the job, but specific treatment of the damaged area will help it heal better: get the dog to a greyhound vet/physio if you can.

hi mate my ten month old 3/4 whippet x beddy did some thing same as yours came back limping on the front leg checked him out nothing i have rested him for 2 weeks and took him out only on the lead now right like as been said at that age they are mad running around and no brakes ha hope your dog soon comes right for you atb troter

feel like a lucky lad ,heres me thinking it was his shoulder,saw a very gifted man on saturday night,and he found the problem,turns out hes stretched a tendon in his foot,he advised rest and lead for 3weeks, apart from that he checked the whole pup and said he was sound....happy days,the vet wanted to xray the shoulder if it was still ther in 5 days,just shows what a little bit of luck and speaking to the right people can do for you,...so fingers crossed he comes good,....thanks for all who posted,helped and advised,especially the local greyhound trainner,who put me onto this chap,very much apreciated :thumbs: happy hunting