Anyone heard of any good Saluki bull grey x Saluki pairings?...

;) Just interested to hear if any of you or your pals have any nice pups that have this strain.(SALUKI x BULL x GREY)...im into my 3rd year owning a pair of smashing lurchers and have a decision to make next season at what to do with one of my bitches.....Seems to be a bit of a trend swaying to the deerhound grey or bull (type) breeds in my local area but the chap i got my last bitch off was using the Saluki bull grey back to full saluki to gather more speed back off the pups.....?

Myself i understand the reasons behind his wanting to throw over the Sire Sal and now i have my own Saluki x bull i fully understand why as its obviously the big heavy build and stamina that is so desirable in a worker like mine and extra speed and agility from going back down the Saluki sire route is obviously gonna bring out some amazing-bunny hoovering puppies...

My other thinkin is that if i was to keep back a dog pup off such a pairing i would potentially be able to cross him again with a bull x grey or similar type bull combination bitch to bulk up the offspring again?....im in two minds whether to stay along the speed and pace lines or go to the bulky and efficient bull x side.....any comments welcome as im keen to hear yer points of view on the subject...?? cheers.. :hmm:

Hello mate ive got two saluki bull greyhounds and there a pleasure to own.intelergent,quick,lots of stamina. Brilliant all rounders if bort on properly.a mate of mine on here desi has got a sister of one of mine on.we both got them from the same man in kent and he rates his to.if you look on my profil your see a young picture of mine the red bitch.I try and up load some resant ones.

• Like 1

ive got a saluki x bullgrey bitch 24tts shes fast and runs none stop shes a little bulky but not much i was thinking putting pure saluki to her but now im having second thoughts and now im not sure [bANNED TEXT] to do all cross have there advantages see [bANNED TEXT] happens hope u find the right dog mate mick

think it all depends on what you want the dog to do work wise on what cross you should use, i own a saluki grey with a bit of bull in it and hes been an absolute pleasure to work and own and has done everything ive asked of him and would love a pup off him,i like a bit of bull in there but dont have the work to warrant a big heavy bullx.

so just ask yourself either whats lacking in your dog or what you need the pups to do and pick your stud accordingly

like what has been said it depends on what you want it for if you want up the stamina go back 2 saluki ,if you want pure brut go fo the bull ,but he another 1 for ya which i run ,deerhound/bull/saluki/grey ,not straight xes but a blend of the 3 couldf make quality lurchers in the right hands mine doing the biz :thumbs:

Hello mate ive got two saluki bull greyhounds and there a pleasure to own.intelergent,quick,lots of stamina. Brilliant all rounders if bort on properly.a mate of mine on here desi has got a sister of one of mine on.we both got them from the same man in kent and he rates his to.if you look on my profil your see a young picture of mine the red bitch.I try and up load some resant ones.

spot on...cheers fella.... :thumbs:

like what has been said it depends on what you want it for if you want up the stamina go back 2 saluki ,if you want pure brut go fo the bull ,but he another 1 for ya which i run ,deerhound/bull/saluki/grey ,not straight xes but a blend of the 3 couldf make quality lurchers in the right hands mine doing the biz :thumbs:

Cheers Rocky1......yer hit a good point there like son. :thumbs: ....got some good ideas there...as i said above, im gonna decide over the next year on what way to go,speed or bulk but wanna get some true opinions instead of the bullcrap some "LurcherLads" wanna chat on about."MY Dog takes down stags for fun..etc.."....id rather listen to all different opinions and hopefully find a dog and owner that could pair up and start a nice set of pups off again to be top workers on some decent quarry..... :thumbs: