Pure Saluki dog, to Pure Whippet bitch? worth it.

Was thinking of getting a Whippet bitch to run with my Sal dog Aladdin.

I think he could do with a companion.

If when they wre ready, and I decided to put them together, would the outcome be worth it?

I hear a lotof Whip/Sal/Grey cross, so I spos the line has to start somewhere?

Just something Im'e chewing on at the moment.

Any and all opinions taken on.

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was thinking of getting a Whippet bitch to run with my Sal dog Aladdin. I think he could do with a companion. If when they wre ready, and I decided to put them together, would the outcome be worth

My Boy!

Go for it mate , you have got a lot better chance of getting something decent, than if you put him to a greyhound .Recent coursing history will tell you that.

Posted Images

Guest TERRIERCENTRAL

Ad say get a greyhound and cross him with that had this cross in the past and they make great dogs and take al quarry just my opinion but I think they would be a better dog

Thanks for input lads!

thought it should work out ok, but as the Whippet is such a small dog, would she be able to carry Sal pups ok?

I just take for granted that Sal-x pups would be larger than a Whip was used to.

What age is the best to leave it till, Aladdin is still only 10mths, so obviously no plans for near future.

But its nice to plan ahead and know where I am aiming.

Gonna put him to a pure Sal later on to keep his lines, but realy want a Whippet to be company for him in a couple of months.

Thanks for input lads!

thought it should work out ok, but as the Whippet is such a small dog, would she be able to carry Sal pups ok?

I just take for granted that Sal-x pups would be larger than a Whip was used to.

What age is the best to leave it till, Aladdin is still only 10mths, so obviously no plans for near future.

But its nice to plan ahead and know where I am aiming.

Gonna put him to a pure Sal later on to keep his lines, but realy want a Whippet to be company for him in a couple of months.

You would be safer waiting to get him working for a season r 2 before you start a new line.I would put hi over a whippet +greyhound ,full grehound. good luck what ever you decide. :thumbs:

I see what you are saying.

I wasnt so much on about keeping the family lines as such as much as getting a pure bred off him for myself in the future!

Probably explained it wrong, Im'e sorry!

But as far as whippet/Saluki cross is concerned thats what I would like to do once he has had time to mature.

I do like the idea of a small lurcher.

But def getting one as a companion, probably a couple of years old.

Might lead the Sal up the right path.

I see what you are saying.

I wasnt so much on about keeping the family lines as such as much as getting a pure bred off him for myself in the future!

Probably explained it wrong, Im'e sorry!

But as far as whippet/Saluki cross is concerned thats what I would like to do once he has had time to mature.

I do like the idea of a small lurcher.

But def getting one as a companion, probably a couple of years old.

Might lead the Sal up the right path.

your get a good all rounder proper little sport dogs. get your self a whippet and do ya breedin its what you want and dont let people crab it for ya :thumbs:

ALRIGHT MATE.

YOULL PROBLY GET A MIXED BAG,DOGS OBVIOSLY THAT BIT BIGGER THAN THE BITCH

SOME FEATHERED SOME NOT.

NOTHING VENTURED.

ALL THE LUCK :thumbs:

i fort all saluki first crosses were smooth

NO MATE .

HAD MIXED BAGS MYSELF.

SMOOTH COATED YES.

LEGS/EARS/TAILS/NO

SOME HAVE/SOME HAVNT.:thumbs:

i would personally get a grey/whip but thats just my preference. Just thinkin about the feet and before people say greys have bad feet yes they do but whippet feet with a big saluki x on them aint gonna do it no favours but its upto you fella if thats what you wanna do then do it we regret the things we never did more than doing them i doubt they will be shit. But you could still end up with a big lurcher and if you pick the smallest you could end up with a whippet