Yukon Ranger 5 x 42 digital NV monocular

For sale, my Yukon Ranger 5 x 42 digital NV monocular. This unit is brand new(I ahev the documentation that came from Thomas Jacks adn I think the Yukon warranty is 3 years) and has been out 3 times since opening the box. My original unit developed a slight problem(rare for these units, but I noticed one of the pixels had failed causing a small white mark in the right side of screen) when 6 months old so I contacted Thomas Jacks and they sent me back this brand new unit. I also have an extra battery holder because I kept hold of one before returning the unit. Its as new and unmarked. Ive decided to get dedicated NV for my rifle so thought it a good idea to sell this while its brand new.

Cheapest Ive seen the Ranger new is £300 + postage from Uttings

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/819/102330/yukon-ranger-5x42-digital-nightvision-monocular-28041?src=froogle

Product details:

The image seen through the Digital NV Ranger 5x42 is crisp and sharp on the whole field of view and it does not show any light or dark spots and fuzziness toward the edges. Dual IR system coupled with 5x magnification guarantees the user's ability to recognize objects at maximum observation distance with outstanding clarity irrespective of viewing conditions, while the image brightness is comparable with Gen2 night vision scopes. Both of IR illuminators operate in prolonged IR wave range, which excludes the probability of being disclosed by other observers and by majority of night vision scopes utilizing electro-optical intensifying tubes. The Ranger is equipped with one 1/4" mount thus, with the help of a tripod, it can be used for stationary long-term viewing as well as for video recording on peripheral equipment. The high-strength body of the Ranger is made of constructional plastic providing shock, moisture and dust resistance for the whole unit.

Features:

• Resolution of 40 ln/mm and a 5 degree field of view

• Runs on six AA batteries and comes with a 1/4" tripod mount

• Compact, lightweight, higher magnification provides better detail, which can be further enhanced by the dual built-in IR Illuminators

• Comes with a direct video recording output

• Record nighttime activities to a degree far superior than any video or surveillance system available

The Ranger 5x42 is a fundamentally new night vision device with a number of unique advantageous features that came as a result of modern optical and digital technologies. Being quite different from the Gen.1 devices, Ranger 5x42 can surely compete with the Gen.2 in image sharpness and brightness.

The device’s IR-illuminator operates in the remote field of the IR-range (940nm), invisible by the unaided eye and has a gradual power intensity adjustment function and memorisation of a fixed emanation level. Ranger 5x42 is fully self-contained (powered with six AA batteries) but can also operate from an external power source.

With the adjustment wheel on the front panel one can choose the suitable brightness level of the display. For image broadcasting to the screen and video recording the device is equipped with a video out. For stationary prolonged observation and video recording it is advisable to mount the device on a standard tripod using ¼ inch mounting thread.

Looking for £250 posted RMSD. Drop me a PM if you have any questions.

post-23900-0-12040500-1301868678_thumb.jpg

post-23900-0-48483500-1301904924_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevienicknacks

On a dark night you can pick out foxs eyes out to 500 yards but get a good visual at around 150 - 200 yards. On a full moon you can clearly see a fox at 200 yards. In the snow I was watching a fox walk the field at 500 yards on a half moon. It really is a good bit of kit, only thing that does imapct them is the rain and fog, visibility is poor in those conditions. ATB Steve