Cumbria FAC Application

Hi Folks, just wanted to post a quick message about my recent experience applying for my FAC with Cumbria Police. I can honestly say that the service I have received has been nothing but top class from start to finish. I sent in my FAC application form exactly six weeks ago, I already hold a SGC so didn't expect too many problems. After just over two weeks I got a call from Peter Hewitt my FEO. He rang on the Tuesday evening an informed me he wanted to visit the coming Saturday and that I had two problems, firstly my photographs were no good and I needed to get them re done, no big deal and that he couldn't accept the initial piece of land I had put down as the farmer being an old fashioned type wasn't happy to put it writing even though I've been shooting there for two years, again no big deal I was able to give him three others in writing. Saturday came and my visit went very smoothly, Peter was a great bloke who was only to happy to point me in the right direction. He advised me to change my application from a specific calibre.223 to .22CF to give me far more choice & reminded me I hadn't requested expanding ammunition. After a chat and a look at the new cabinet and safe I had installed next to the SG cabinet he was happy and advised it should take approx 3 weeks to do land checks especially as one of my permissions was in Northumberland. Three weeks later to the day my certificate has arrived on the door mat with .22lr,.22CF, moderators for both and the quantities of ammo I asked for. Its all to often I've read about awkward FEO's or similar horror stories of applications taking months and months, all I can say is Well done Cumbria, they made the whole process a pleasure. Picked up my lovely little CZ 452 a couple of weeks ago and need to save a bit more cash for my .223

Thats pretty efficient mate.when i put in for a variation years ago for a 223 i didnt get advised to just ask for 22cf what Door does this open regarding which 22. if You know wat i mean.can You get other than 223 With that way of wording it? Not heard that before maybe i should have done that.cheers rich

Thats cleared that up thanks pal.i like the idea of that wish i had done the same back when i applied. to be fair im glad i decided to go for 223 its had me plenty of fox.even though all my mates said get 22-250.well ya learn something new every day. Thanks again rich.

i had to wait four weeks for my ticket to come back from carlton hall when i put in a varaition for 243 i already had 22lr 22cf with mods when i called to see what was going on they said they thought i had my cert back then they rang back and said mr hewit had it and needed to do a land check which i new for a fact had been done three weeks previous as the farmer told me he was there also the land had already been checked for my 22.250 2 years previous its a two thousand acre farm and in my eyes there isnt the biggest difference between 243 and 22.250 i know theres a difference but 4 weeks come on but this is just my experiance