Well folks, haven't had an air rifle for ages but my mate offered me back my old BSA lightning that i sold him a few years ago. So i snapped it up, handy for garden work and knocking the crows off at work i thought. Well i haven't had a springer since selling him this one but my god its twangy, more twangy then usual so i stripped and cleaned it thoroughly, and although its alot smoother its still a noisy fecker for what it is. So i'm wondering would a gas ram eliminate some of the noise and how much/ how easy and where do i find one?

All the best Karl

a gas ram can be gotten from theoben .It will reduce a lot of sound .I have had one and it failed quite soon .It did shoot well for a time but lost power and leaked oil. I have since gone back to a tuned spring .I fell it shoots better and quiter with a tuned spring ,spring guide and top hat.I like the spring better in a lightning .I was told if you wont a gas ram get a gasram gun like theoben hw90 ect .Dont mess with the drope in gas rams .I fell this was good advice but I had to know for my self .Get a tuned spring in your lightning . OTHERS WILL DISAGREE it is up to you .I can only tell you my experiance.

a gas ram can be gotten from theoben .It will reduce a lot of sound .I have had one and it failed quite soon .It did shoot well for a time but lost power and leaked oil. I have since gone back to a tuned spring .I fell it shoots better and quiter with a tuned spring ,spring guide and top hat.I like the spring better in a lightning .I was told if you wont a gas ram get a gasram gun like theoben hw90 ect .Dont mess with the drope in gas rams .I fell this was good advice but I had to know for my self .Get a tuned spring in your lightning . OTHERS WILL DISAGREE it is up to you .I can only tell you my experiance.

Cheers fella, i'll look into getting a tuned spring.

Karl