wildfowling..possiblel beginner advice please.

hi folks..please excuse my naievety...me and a friend are currently enjoying a newly rekindled passion for shooting...mainly pigeon at the mo over deeks and roost shooting..after chatting in the pub the other night he told me he always fancied a go at wildfowling..got me interested too (you know how it is)....basically what im asking is advice on where beginners start looking...we are based in the south west in somerset..dont mind travelling a bit but not ridiculous miles.....now obviously im a bit green to seasons but was thinking of looking this summer for somewhere to go and get started nearer the winter season...i will be purchaseing a gundog very soon of my own but have the use of friends dogs if need be...i know many of you will now think "ere we go..another one with all the gear and no idea.." but i do take my shooting seriously and like to find out facts before getting too excited...i am currently reading a book on rough shooting which has a small section on wildfowling but its a little outdated....so...can any of you experts get me going on the right track please.

where the best places in the southwest for wildfowling

how much can i expect to pay in fees (on a reasonably tight budget)

do we need guides for 1st few times?...again..what fees included if any?.

any help will be really appreciated....thanks folks.