hi all is there anybody out there that makes good qaulity pegs for purse nets thank you

Hi John,there really easy to make yourself.If you go to any joiners workshop and ask for some

hard wood offcuts aprox 20mm thick,as long and wide as you like,

then just cut 25mm to nothing wedges and drill a hole for your draw cord

simples!should only cost a couple of quid

Seany :thumbs:

hi all is there anybody out there that makes good qaulity pegs for purse nets thank you

Hi John,there really easy to make yourself.If you go to any joiners workshop and ask for some

hard wood offcuts aprox 20mm thick,as long and wide as you like,

then just cut 25mm to nothing wedges and drill a hole for your draw cord

simples!should only cost a couple of quid

Seany :thumbs:

ive made them before i was just seeing if there was anything deicent out there for sale iv seen the ones on ebay i was after a bit of qaulity to be honest and i just have not got the time to make them my self thank you for replying seany atb mate

Bamboo plant labels are a cheapish decent peg. Most my nets are on hazel pegs, I make them really nice with the palm ends rounded off smooth and cut a groove to tie the draw cord to rather than a hole. They take a while to make of you have 50 odd to do and I will just replace them with bamboo from now. I have brought a few different ferreting pegs and none nice quality. Any peg will do the job just some more comfortably that others. I make mine about 4" long which seems shorter than most but they do the job. They struggle in proper sand but I would rather that that carry around the carry around the fecking great big things a lot seem to have. If you worked alot of sand I would make them 5-6".

edit to ad http://www.crocus.co.uk/product/_/tools/potting-propagating/bamboo-plant-labels/classid.2000004243/

Edited by Hob&Jill

Bamboo plant labels are a cheapish decent peg. Most my nets are on hazel pegs, I make them really nice with the palm ends rounded off smooth and cut a groove to tie the draw cord to rather than a hole. They take a while to make of you have 50 odd to do and I will just replace them with bamboo from now. I have brought a few different ferreting pegs and none nice quality. Any peg will do the job just some more comfortably that others. I make mine about 4" long which seems shorter than most but they do the job. They struggle in proper sand but I would rather that that carry around the carry around the fecking great big things a lot seem to have. If you worked alot of sand I would make them 5-6".

edit to ad http://www.crocus.co.uk/product/_/tools/potting-propagating/bamboo-plant-labels/classid.2000004243/

ive just brought 100 brand new nets thats why i want to shop about and buy some real good ones the seasons finished so theres no rush i just want to put something on thats going to last you know im treating my self

edit to ad http://www.crocus.co...sid.2000004243/

ive just brought 100 brand new nets thats why i want to shop about and buy some real good ones the seasons finished so theres no rush i just want to put something on thats going to last you know im treating my self

Yeah I am the same, any old thing would work but it is nice using something well made. Its worth it in the long run :thumbs: Let us know if you find a decent type.

edit to ad http://www.crocus.co...sid.2000004243/

Yeah I am the same, any old thing would work but it is nice using something well made. Its worth it in the long run :thumbs: Let us know if you find a decent type.

yer i found some ive ordered some from bridport nets hard wood 4 quid for ten they look well alright there do for me