hi all i am in two inds about changing the thread size on my t3 super varmint at the min its 1/18 as standard but a good freind of mine says i should get a 1/2 inch thread cut on it reason being my other rifles are 1/2 inch and it would mean i wouldnt have an odd sized mod any suggestions

the only put off is its a brand spanker and dont know if to get it done

What other calibre rifles do you have???

If you have a moderator per rifle already, then having the rifle re-cut will just be a waste of money. Simply colour code the moderators with one band of electrical tape.

If however you don't currently have a moderator for the 243, in the 1x18 thread for the tikka, and a moderator you have on another rifle is proofed upto 243, then you can justify the re-cut cost and use that piticular mod on any number of rifles.

Atb

well you can get away with the 1/2 thread i wouldnt get it done for 2 reasons. one is cost what is the point in shelling out more money.

and the other reason being well a 1/2 thread is more then safe on heavy barrel rifles. I think its best to take the least amount of metal off the barrel

I guess that's why sako/tikka use m18x1 on the varmint barrels and m14x1 on the sporter barrels