Tough Night

SeanTheHawker

headed out last night, rolf weighed in at 1lb 6.4! an ounce overweight. to make things worse, it was a full moon and no cloud cover at all. in every field we were only get 1 flight or so. all all were really lost distance slips, rabbits wouldnt sit at all. it had gotton to about 12 oclock, and we had done the whole farm, with maybe only a dozen flights, and hit 1 or 2. luckily we had permission on the neighbourign farm, tho never really hutned it before, headed up annyway, and we were getting fields with 3s and 4s, then fields with none. wecame to a small cliff like thing, and was walking along the edge, we i heard somethign below, looked down and a rabbit was skittering at the bottom of it, i slipped rolf anyway and he hit it, thankfully he didnt hold it tho lol, as it was a long hike down. the farm wasproducing some decent flights now, and had 1 or 2 squatters, but never caught any. then came we seen a rabbit about 100 yards from cover. we stcuk to the ditchs and got inline with it, flicked the light on, it was still there! so kept the beam on, but didnt light it up, just enough to see its eyes, went round in a circle to try and bolt it down the field, got within about, then walked in on it, up it got, andheaded down hill,(love it when a plan works lol) rolf striked but missed, then got up and had another go, this time he hit it, had it by the rear end. i ran like the hammers to help out. he was dragged aout 15 feet to a dicth, then i ran in and tried to grab the rabbit, butthe thing ran inbetween my bloody legs, taking rolf with it. was lucky it didnt knock of. then got into a bush and rolf achored it. he only had it by one foot, and it was on the rabbits back leg. waswell impressedat hwo he held it. so fed him up on it and called it a night. one of the longest nights lamping ive had in ages, but persistance pays of lol

100_04141.jpg