wanted: decent rabbit skin

i did one myself but its only a home made job with salt water and its a bit damp now and the pup decided to bring it most of the way in on the second retreive then just chew it. dont want her to get into bad habbits so need a decent one for the dummy. any sites that do them or members that cure there own to a decent standared, dont mind paying ye or swapping for a dvd..

cheers

maty.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Maty; Surely fresh, real skins would be better, mate? Isn't That what ye hope the Dog will work with? Ye need an active, local rabbiting man. Stock ye freezer up ;)

If ye really want to go with dried out pelts? Ask around for an old fur coat. Preferably one not reeking of naphalene!

i did one myself but its only a home made job with salt water and its a bit damp now and the pup decided to bring it most of the way in on the second retreive then just chew it. dont want her to get into bad habbits so need a decent one for the dummy. any sites that do them or members that cure there own to a decent standared, dont mind paying ye or swapping for a dvd..

cheers

maty.

cheers

maty.

Send us your address maty and i'll send you a few already dried out, just a send us a cheque after you've recieved for the postage should only be a couple of quid, nah, F*@ck it, just send us your address i'll send em , times aren't that bad just yet, call it a gentlemanly gesture

the freezer is stocked ditch its just the curing of the sknins thats the problem. i just thoer that it would get her used to having fur in her mouth and associate it with bringing it in to me. she's been out ferreting a few times so think knows the scent just needs to get hold of fur a bit more. but i would doubt rabbits will be ready sliced open when she gets them so wont decide to have a chew on the skin flap ;) sent ye a pm jake.

Guest craftycarper

ay, what do you want cured skins for. All you need is a fresh skin and stitch it over the dummy. It will set/dry on the dummy and be a lot better and tighter fit

• 1 year later...
Guest smashygadge

if you have rabbits take head from one chop legs push front legs threw head hole ,pull skin straight off in one bit and pop it round a piece of wood .will last a good time for training.if left in cool place. :thumbs: