Up to my Balls in Water.

Fletcher

Took the bird for a fly this morning, he was a bit high today as I fed him a rabbit head yesterday so wasn't expecting much action, went to a local quarry. The bird had been up for only a couple of minutes soaring on the up draft, when he dropped down towards a flooded bit, I heard a splash and legged it over, he had taken a moorhen and had swam to the far bank which was sheer rock cover in gorse bushes so no access from that side. The pool was only about 10 ft wide so in I go, up to my balls in freezing stinking water, then realized I had my camera, car keys, telemetry etc, had to retreat and take all my stuff off and have another go, but the rocks were far to slippy, and was thinking this is a disaster waiting to happen, anyway after some pacing up and down and head scratching, got the lure out and after a couple of attempts managed to recall him minus the moorhen, so off to find a long stick, got the moorhen, fed up the bird, went home and got laughed at by the wife. :hmm:

P1300004.jpg

Edited by Fletcher