Squarking Harris hawk

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

Any help with this lads

she was fine in the moult but since she has been baught down to hunting weight she started squarking if she sees someone come through my back gate or out the back door.

she will also squark on the way to my hunting ground (i walk most places) but soon as she is there she is silent

any help people

cheers

Its probably food association if you're doing jump ups in or around the aviary, I don't think there's many silent harris' around. My fella squawks when he see's me but is quiet as soon as he's in the travel box and he's quiet in the field, could also just be excitement.

Harrises are damn clever and i swear mine knows what time of day we go hawking thats when she shouts the most as for the male he just sits there totally silent just waiting to go.I,ve heard and seen a hell of a lot of noisy females but not so many males though,must be a woman thing.

Guest bald eagle1
Harrises are damn clever and i swear mine knows what time of day we go hawking thats when she shouts the most as for the male he just sits there totally silent just waiting to go.I,ve heard and seen a hell of a lot of noisy females but not so many males though,must be a woman thing.

harrishawkers right the female seems to be more vocal than the male my female is loud in avairy during huntin season and in travell box but only silent in field if im on my own with her

Dont get Harrises into a routine,my friends tiercel Harris started screaming as he only ever flew it in late afternoons so once it had cast early in the morning it would be on the bow perch getting hungria and hungria,i said to him to try flying in the morning and now hes almost 95% non vocal but if you want to make sure youre harris doesnt scream :hmm: ,get a Red Tail!!! :laugh:

Guest world.hunters

cheers lads

iv been doing jump ups with her in the afternoon at different times unless i take her lamping or at weekends i take her out in morning

and since the jumps she seems to be alot more quite

cheers

Edited by world.hunters