The Season so far

Harris Will

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just thought I'd post some pictures of my Female Harris Hawk, this is our 4th season together & every year she is getting better & better! I have put the ferrets to use more this season as

harris will thank you for that great set up you have there . ...john

• 2 months later...

Really nice set up ;)

Looking to build my own very soon and was wondering about your floor and drainage.

Am I right, you have no wooden flooring but gravel on top of plastic sheeting. Do you have issues with drainage ?

And ;) approx what size is the window ?

Thx

Really nice set up ;)

Looking to build my own very soon and was wondering about your floor and drainage.

Am I right, you have no wooden flooring but gravel on top of plastic sheeting. Do you have issues with drainage ?

And ;) approx what size is the window ?

Thx

Hi Simon,

There is a wooden floor in the weigh room part of the shed. The rest of the flooring is as you said, pea gravel but over a membrane, not a plastic sheet. I have no issues with drainage at all.

The window opening is 6ft across by 2ft6".

Cheers. Will

Thx Will,

The membrane ? just a common garden, stop the weeds stuff ?

And what gap between the bars in window 2 inches ?

Think thats all :)

Gorgeous bird as well mate, be more than happy if mine looks anything like.

Edited by Simon.

Thx Will,

The membrane ? just a common garden, stop the weeds stuff ?

And what gap between the bars in window 2 inches ?

Think thats all :)

Gorgeous bird as well mate, be more than happy if mine looks anything like.

Yep, garden weed stuff mate...

Spaces, 75mm centres, 20mm broom handles, gives you 55mm gaps! Works for me.

She doesnt look quite that good at the moment, a right scruffy cow lol!

Roll on the end of the moult!!!

Will

• 3 months later...

Spot on Will! no prisoners taken their pal :clapper::clapper:.

thats a nice set up you have there. mind you that Lawn is going to waste when another chamber can be built there wink.gif, You'll need another one as these old Harris's are shagging for England, eggs won't be long now mate :drinks:.

atb Jasp

There you go Jasper.... Some more of the lawn taken up! Sides & Roof going up Monday.

DSC00859.jpg

& here's the little lad...

DSC00826.jpg

Dragged a fresh carcass for him tonight & he was on it in a FLASH. (named).

He'll be killing very soon mate. Was 1lb7oz tonight & its been quite mild too...

Well happy with him!

Will

Edited by Harris Will

thats a nice set up you have there. mind you that Lawn is going to waste when another chamber can be built there wink.gif, You'll need another one as these old Harris's are shagging for England, eggs won't be long now mate :drinks:.

atb Jasp

There you go Jasper.... Some more of the lawn taken up! Sides & Roof going up Monday.

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

He'll be killing very soon mate. Was 1lb7oz tonight & its been quite mild too...

Well happy with him!

Will

spot on will :thumbs: . let me know if you need a ferreter mate, my Ferrets could do with a work out......

Jasp

atb Jasp

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

Well happy with him!

Will

spot on will :thumbs: . let me know if you need a ferreter mate, my Ferrets could do with a work out......

Jasp

Get that finder out then buddy... We'll be needing them fit & ready for that Gos of yours too :)

we'll make it a date bud :thumbs: we need to get that Harris fit as the Gos will want somthing to chase :laugh:......

there's plenty of bunnies on that land I was telling you about earlier, we can give him a try on there if you fancy it later in the week.........

we'll make it a date bud :thumbs: we need to get that Harris fit as the Gos will want somthing to chase :laugh:......

there's plenty of bunnies on that land I was telling you about earlier, we can give him a try on there if you fancy it later in the week.........

I'll give you a bell after the weekend then mate! ;)

• 1 month later...

I'll give you a bell after the weekend then mate! ;)

Enjoyed the wander out today Will.. also a great way to finish the day with your male nailing that Bunny after the efforts he put in, the end result was perfect :thumbs:.

I think my Gos needs switching on ASAP to the Furry stuff, he wanted them but only half hearted at the moment but I'm certain he'll connect soon Bud when we're out, he's a bit fist bound to me at the moment and all over me like a rash but I'm sure he'll change from being a vegetarian soon :laugh:....

atb Jasp