a mink today

got a nice suprise this arfternoon when looking at a few traps along the river at the back of the house with the dogs when all of a sudden all hell let loose about 50 yards away from me and i knew we had a mink or possibly a marten

so the race was on to get to the trap before my glens demolished it in a matter of seconds [if anyone has seen two 35 lb glens get hold of something youll know wht i mean]

so i ran like f**k, all 5 foot 8 17 1/2 stone of me i didnt get 10 yards with out falling arse over bollox in the brambles so i got up to see the dogs throwing the cage about i managed to pick up the cage without getting a bite from 5 pairs of jaws all going for the mink you try controlling 2 glens a russell a rottie and a lurcher

when they are all focused on the cage not easy

cheers bb

Guest Ditch_Shitter
I didnt get 10 yards with out falling arse over bollox in the brambles ...

My fullest sympathy, Bill! I take it that was on the piece of land we tangled and tripped our way across? And god know, we were just out for a stroll! Those f*cking bramble suckers are Man Traps! B*tards! Sod carrying a loaded gun amidst that lot :icon_eek:

Anyway, nice to see ye've removed another one of 'em, mate :good: Keep up the service, man.

OTC: I think Billy's really just underlined the problem here, mate. " The River ". I've seen it. It Is a " River ". No two ways about it. Now all I have here is ditches and the one wetter one. What I call 'The River' is just a stream - when in fullest spate. What I call the 'River Styx' is just a wider and deeper than usual wet ditch.

Fact is; God himself couldn't catch shit where shit just isn't attracted to come :( But we have the odd one passing through. I'll connect in the end ;)

Bill! I take it that was on the piece of land we tangled and tripped our way across?

yep thats the bit of ground ditch

remember where the drain met the river and we stopped for a snout set the traps along that section

arfter seeing a mink there on wednesday thats the first one in a while but it wont be the last

cheers bb

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek:Not that drain on your side? The one we stood looking back on, to our left as we faced the river? That spot where I said; " Now That's where I'd like to set a mink trap! " ???

Why, you crafty C***! :laugh:

Bettcha ye'll have plenties from there, mate! Beautiful spot! :good: I'd bloody kill to have a water like that within range of me. Ye've seen my loch's - and how unreachable they are? Comes the summer though, when the ground's dried out and is more traversable, I do have a couple of Big drains, leading down to them, that I fancy hitting.

I'm considering making one or two of those rafts. Ever thought about that? I mean; Ye hardly need to, round there. But it'd keep ye Dogs off the cages ..... :hmm:

got a nice suprise this arfternoon when looking at a few traps along the river at the back of the house with the dogs when all of a sudden all hell let loose about 50 yards away from me and i knew we had a mink or possibly a marten

so the race was on to get to the trap before my glens demolished it in a matter of seconds [if anyone has seen two 35 lb glens get hold of something youll know wht i mean]

so i ran like f**k, all 5 foot 8 17 1/2 stone of me i didnt get 10 yards with out falling arse over bollox in the brambles so i got up to see the dogs throwing the cage about i managed to pick up the cage without getting a bite from 5 pairs of jaws all going for the mink you try controlling 2 glens a russell a rottie and a lurcher

cheers bb

5 foot 8 :icon_eek: you are in your f*ck. unless you had the missus high heels on again maybe :laugh:

cheers bb

5 foot 8 :icon_eek: you are in your f*ck. unless you had the missus high heels on again maybe :laugh:

you cheeky little :censored: im still 4 inches taller than you with out me missus high heels on :yes::yes: