cess pit load bearing?

hi, i am looking to move a static caravan ive got into my garden.

access is absolutely shocking, though doable with a tractor... just :thumbs:

problem is my cess pit is under my lawn. does anyone know how solid it will be under there? i dont need to park the van on top of it, but it will for a few minutes have a 40ft static caravan and a tractor sat on top of it.

excuse the pun, but am i gonna end up "in the sh*t" ??

problem is my cess pit is under my lawn. does anyone know how solid it will be under there? i dont need to park the van on top of it, but it will for a few minutes have a 40ft static caravan and a tractor sat on top of it.

It will be a good bit under your lawn though wont it? I'd imagine you'd be fine.........i think i'm right in saying that the hole in the top is quite small anyway, like a drain cover........i'm far from an expert though.... :no:

It will be a good bit under your lawn though wont it? I'd imagine you'd be fine.........i think i'm right in saying that the hole in the top is quite small anyway, like a drain cover........i'm far from an expert though.... :no:

yea its not a big hole.we used to run dumpers over the ground after buryin the septic tanks in the bp.

yea its not a big hole.we used to run dumpers over the ground after buryin the septic tanks in the bp.

I have 1 here at my house. I have dug down to it once when it was due to be cleaned out...was about a metre or so down. Not a good job for a hot sunny day i'll tell you........ :sick:

yeah if it goes in i shall post a pic for everyones amusement no trouble :icon_redface:

not sure how deep it is tbh, guess best way to find out is to lift the drain cover and see how far down it goes.

not sure how theyre constructed in all honesty, there must be some structure inside it surely as the ground above it would give way otherwise?

yeah if it goes in i shall post a pic for everyones amusement no trouble :icon_redface:

not sure how deep it is tbh, guess best way to find out is to lift the drain cover and see how far down it goes.

not sure how theyre constructed in all honesty, there must be some structure inside it surely as the ground above it would give way otherwise?

Its like a concrete cube... :thumbs:

Just go for it, whats the worst than can happen............ :whistling:

Its like a concrete cube... :thumbs:

newer ones are big plastic.onion shaped.i honestly think you will be fine mate,but wouldnt want to say 100% in case it did damage,but cant see it.

errm, i think we all know the worst / funniest outcome! :tongue2:

cheers though, best bet is like you say, just go for it and clench

Its not often you get some good advice from Scothunter :tongue2: but putting a few boards down to disperse the weight would be a real advantage..... :thumbs: