Ferreting yesterday

Was out ferreting on an old abandoned railway yard yesterday.

Got there at around 8ish, the lurcher marked a large warren under a tree, chucked the ferret down and waited out of sight, one bolted, only to be turned back down a one holer, so i retrieved the ferret and made my way over to the warren with spade in case i had to did, put the ferret down, she was down for over half an hour and still no sign, so i got the spade out ready to dig, just started with the spade when something caught the dogs eye and he charged down the embankment, five seconds later i looked behind me to see old charlie with the dog up its arse nipping at its heels, this bieng the first fox he's been up close to i thought he would bottle it, but no he [bANNED TEXT]'t in for the kill, (i tried to call him off,but.....) the two scuffled on the ground and ran behind a tree and out off site, carried on whith the spade, then checked to see if the dog had returned and he was lying next to a bramble bush licking his wounds LOL and looking sorry for himself, i checked him over and he had a bite mark on his muzzle which was already swelling up but it looked clean so not to worry i thought, anyway broke through to the ferret but could not see the rabbit in the dark tunnel, picked up the gear and moved on down the embankment, the dog marked another large warren, we bolted one which shook of the dog and turned down another smaller set of holes, i was ready to cry :cry: . I picked up the ferret and put here down the same hole, a brown rat bolted and dived into the little brook and the dog got wet trying to catch it, and the rabbit managed to evade capture altogether. I was feeling a little down but kept going, i netted up a set of holes further back along the embankment and put the ferret down, whithin no time two rabbits bolted simultaneasly and i fell on my arse getting to them :icon_redface: , so two in the bag, cllected up the gear, and gutted them, one had young in :cry: climbed up the embankment and walked along the edge, the dog marked a pile of wood put the feert in thier and waited one bolted and all three of us caught, on trapped it with my foot, the dog grabbed its head and the ferret grabbed its arse :laugh: , went on to do a warren in fick barambles, but we were robbed of a fourth rabbit when the ferret killed deep in the bushes and we could not find it, :censored: all in all a good day and end to the ferreting season for me.