Choosing help.

Hi all,

I'm after a gun for both clays and game (Driven shoots etc.). Thing is I don't have a huge budget as I'm a student. I'm almost certain that I'd like a side by side 12 bore, as these are the guns I've shot the most and am used to. My Budget is about £900 or so and I'd like to buy second hand. Ideally I'd like a side lock but I feel this may be wishful thinking. At the moment the guns I've looked at the most are the AYA No 2, this is the gun I've shot the most but it's over my budget so it would require some extra funds! A gun in my budget is the AYA no 4, however it is a boxlock.

What I suppose I'd like to know from you all is if it's worth the extra money to buy the No 2? Will the No 4 service my needs just as much and I should get over the side lock issue? Are there any guns anyone feels I should be considering given my criteria?

Many thanks in advance,

Will

There is nothing wrong with a No 4 mate... An aweful lot of game has been shot with No4's.

I was using one this week on both clays and game, because I had miss fire issues on my bottom barrel with I hadnt sorted.

It mounted beautifully and was a pleasure to use.... Lovely colour on the side plates and stock too!!

Matt