Digging in france

pm fish off here,or waz :thumbs:

:whistling::whistling::laugh:

joking aside.

unless you can speak good french you will find it very hard to get in on the hunting here as i did.but once they accept you its good took me 3 years.don't forget the laws on hunting here are just as strict as in UK.

Working with terriers in France is great!

The people are fantastic, so is the food (I never ate better in my life!) and digging is legal at least part of the year. The people are into hunting in a normal way as part of life, at least in rural areas. They are not ashamed of it and don't need to hide it; there are numerous hunting magazines for sale in the book shops. I have very good experience having hunted in France. 5 days digging in stone soil and 20 quarry. 7 locals helped me digging while my terriers worked. They had a predation problem around the duck farms there and our actions at least solved the problem for a half year. Maybe I'll go back there soon, if I can, for another round.

But you need to be introduced there or invited, and if you don't speak the language an interpreter is necessary. Money can't buy hunting over there, (they have game parks where you can book hunting days, to anything from boar and red deer to partridge, but they are as the name sais, enclosed parks, with the game bred especially and being released shortly before the hunt, this is commercial and unreal) but rural hunting is in the hands of the common people. Everybody with the vocation can become a hunter and in the season they show it off and make it a feast even if the bag is not so rich. Which makes it so good.

Hello

Where are you going in France?

If you want to dig the fox, it is easy to find a good digging team and here it is allow to dig the fox during the whole year they are too many.

Regarding the badger it depends where you want to go and when, some regions are full of badgers and some not. The hunting season is normally from may to september but can end to january sometimes.

According to terrier men already based in France, it is heaven for hunting badgers.

And a part from the region and the season, there is no restrictions but the best is to know already the people who dig in the region you are going.

Welcome to france.