Last night I sucessully managed to perfect my Elmer Fudd impression! 2 1/2 hours on the ground in high winds and driving rain and not a single bunny bagged. Throughout the evening I saw a good 20 or so rabbits but they where either too close to / in the hedgerow which denied a clean shot, or they were wise to me before I spottd them and scarpered.

I should clarify that I am fairly new to the hunting side of shooting sports and am still on the very steep inital learning curve for it, although I have been using rifles and SG's in various roles for over a decade.

My question is this... what is the general concensus on the best way to get results when shooting rabbits?

thanks in advance

Richard

Last night I sucessully managed to perfect my Elmer Fudd impression! 2 1/2 hours on the ground in high winds and driving rain and not a single bunny bagged. Throughout the evening I saw a good 20 or so rabbits but they where either too close to / in the hedgerow which denied a clean shot, or they were wise to me before I spottd them and scarpered.

I should clarify that I am fairly new to the hunting side of shooting sports and am still on the very steep inital learning curve for it, although I have been using rifles and SG's in various roles for over a decade.

My question is this... what is the general concensus on the best way to get results when shooting rabbits?

thanks in advance

Richard

Kneecap the little B@stards at every opportunity :laugh: :laugh: I've always found that you have to be adaptable to different situations as they present themselves, sometimes creeping round rifle in hand works and other times it's a waiting game from a static position as for the best time well bugger me if I knew that I'd be rich :laugh:

Edited by mushroom

Cheers Mushroom, Someone once told me dusk and dawn were the best times as apparently they have trouble focusing due to the light and that these are key feeding times for them??? I've stuck by this and there always seems to be a fair amount of activity around these times.

Hopefully the next time I get out the land would be cleared so I can use my 17hmr as opposed to a PCP, get a little range on the buggers! :tongue2: