20 bore [BANNED TEXT] for

my grandad just gave me his 20 bore never used one [bANNED TEXT] shud i be looking at shooting and at wat distance atb

Have you any family members who can maybe show you how to use it and what sort of things and ranges you should be shooting at?

no mate im the hunter of the family lol and my grandad carnt walk very good

Well my advice then would be too have a natter with your grandad and he'll put you right. I'm sure he wouldn't have handed over the gun if he didnt think that safety would be your first concern.

Alot depends on what sort of game/vermin is around you......20 bore will be a 50 yards easy on things like rabbit, pigeon, pheasant, crows.....the list is endless. You'll have to read up or maybe find out on here about diff types of cartridges too. ATB :thumbs:

no mate im the hunter of the family lol and my grandad carnt walk very good

Well my advice then would be too have a natter with your grandad and he'll put you right. I'm sure he wouldn't have handed over the gun if he didnt think that safety would be your first concern.

Alot depends on what sort of game/vermin is around you......20 bore will be a 50 yards easy on things like rabbit, pigeon, pheasant, crows.....the list is endless. You'll have to read up or maybe find out on here about diff types of cartridges too. ATB :thumbs:

Its only a gun at that range if you have the skill to kill consistantly at those ranges though and not just injure...... I would take it to your local clay ground and try it on a pattern plate at different distances and on clays.... not live game to start with.