scope mounted lamp

cona.t

Like Steve said different lamps different uses! I currently use a tx12 that pushes out up to 280 lumens! If shooting air guns then due to you anticipated range you won't need a mega powerful lamp, especially if you're using a spotting lamp from a vehicle etc.

Steve's sounds like a bit of a bargain!

Horses for courses.....

ATB, Andy

http://cgi.ebay.com/UltraFire-CREE-300Lumens-Tactical-Flashlight-Set-/180598273567?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2a0c7ef61f

Bought one of these Week or 2 ago after my Deben Gl2 broke, Which was about £60 for torch and charger, Compared to that one which is 30 dollars, whatever that is, £22 ish.

Thats got no charger with it, but the ones with chargers are around same price.

Im not quite sure, but with the deben one i got 2 pieces of mounts that look like the one in ebay picture.

One that goes on the scope, and other bit that goes round the torch and they connect together.

Not sure if you get that looking at the picture.

There was a thread on here about the torches, but i cant find or see it.

does it have to be on the barrel ???

c.t

The Ultrafire is awsome, been using one that puts out 300 Lumens :yes: I've been using it a few years now on my Baby.

I've had it slung under the barrel, on the silencer and both on top of and at the side of my scope.

I've also just been given one with the Red Cree illuminator as part of a new Hunting rig for xmas :D

Phantom

Hi again :gunsmilie:

Personally I like the illuminator as close to the scope as possible, that way the light comes straight back at the scope, the further away from the scope the harder it is to work with :yes:

Phantom

if you want a promper lamping lamp i would get a deben tracer mini or max good up to 30-40 yds

Why pay for a name when the Ultrafire is a third of the price and puts out MORE than the named brand?

While doing a section on Zini's 4th DVD I had the chance to compare the (my own choice) Ultrafire with the Deben.

Sorry but the Ultrafire wins HANDS DOWN! Better output, more light reaches the spot, is far superior on "Light THROW" and a third of the cost :yes:

Phantom

idealy you'll want a dimmer switch of some sort with the traditional lamp like a deben tracer etc.. but............thats a big assed set up with sealed lead acid batteries that'll take an over night charge or a 3-4 hours fast charge, but they wont take more thean an amp ish any way...

or, any old CREE led torch...ebays a good starter, or for another 30-40 quid upwards you can get better painted aluminium bodies lol.

i got a fenix tacticle, 200 luminum/half setting, on the 200 its 200 meters of light, but, theres bugger all IR in the white light so not worth IR filtering for NV of digi or intencifier. (buttheres a CREE IR led thats gives an 80-100 yrdage for 15-20 quid on ebay depensing weather they on the cheap price or the hi price cycle)

one inch tube, you'll hardly feel them on the gun...

two points on the CREE torch's, makeing/buying a presure switch is an apsolute doddle... but you cant dim them (or most) because theyre 3-12v supply and regulated for a constant.

second point is watch out for the ones with multi one click setting, it's better on the head, as in turn the head it stays on that setting, or click 5 lum click 25 lum click again for 40 lum all the way up to the maximum power, then another click for SOS flashing followed a twenty seventh click for a straight flashing becon light then off lol. that pzzzis me right off.

an 8 rings a couple three odd quid of ebay....or up to a hundred if yo search a bit lol....

battery and charger...fleabay again.........tenner for how ever many is on offer with a 3 hour charger, overload protected etc....all in all a much better kit for the money...very small and very portable.

(100 luminums averages 100 yards ish...200lums 200 yards/meters....)

i had to use two filters to get pure orange, that limited the 200 luminums to about 70 - 80 yards to see what it was through the scope, but the second filter was two layers of acitate sheet..so hardly best stuff lol

so...12v dimmer switched or a CREE....

i get about 8-10 hours of run time on half setting, about 1-2 hours continual on 20 lum's, but havent actualy ran out on anight sesh yet..not presure switching, but using it all the time yup, but, when the two cr123 batteries weigh what? half onse? lol..theyre nothing in your pocket so you could take a weeks worth before ou'd start to notise.

on the 6v side of things for the traditional lamps, forget the 4 amp lead acids, go straight to the ten amp batterie, two in a good fitting bags ok for a couple three hours carrying but you'll actualy get a fair bit of lamping time......

12v..well what eer your willing to carry, i did use a 12v 19 amper out of a power pack but shit, thats the biggest i'd go to nowadays, gets a mawl by the end of the night.(better than a 40 amp car battery...shudders bad memeries that one lollol.......)

....the old car lamp still has its used though.

edit in...missed abit, if your looking for a presure switch 'mount' then anything from gaffer tape to chewing gum will do it, even little fancy sticky pads that you perminently glue onto your real tree paint job...like a velcro kit that will eventualy peel off leaving a luverly sticky glue patch... or just use a blob of blue tac, seriously...comes of clean and goes back on again for weeks on end without marking the gun up.

(shapes up just the way you want it too......................)

Edited by ghillies