Used or New

Currently using Gamo Hunter and need to upgrade for rabbiting. Despite all recommendations for the Weirarch, it;s a heavy gun in the field.hence the Gamo. Webley Longbow is in my sights but don;t see any used ones and what price should i be looking at if I do find one. Four years of production in Turkey any known QC problems, Webley assure me their 'master gunsmith' is on the case with no reported problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently using Gamo Hunter and need to upgrade for rabbiting. Despite all recommendations for the Weirarch, it;s a heavy gun in the field.hence the Gamo. Webley Longbow is in my sights but don;t see any used ones and what price should i be looking at if I do find one. Four years of production in Turkey any known QC problems, Webley assure me their 'master gunsmith' is on the case with no reported problems.

BSA Lightning/super sport is the lightest springer Ive found.

You wont find a Birmingham webley longbow at a reasonable price and I would not pay no more then £150 for any used Webley.Theres other older webleys that are longbows but just have different names.

The Turkish ones are known to not have the quality blue of the origanal webley but I doubt any company has or as ever had a finish as good.The springs give out easier on the Turks but you have a big thing going,as I said theres many longbows,they just have different names all the actions are virtually the same,just different variations but the latest webleys are just the same as most the 10+ year ago ones, but slight differences and this is where you have a big advantage in parts and custom parts.

Be sure to go to v-mach is website there is cheaper tuners though.

Weight is always going to be a issue with springers.also remember light ones kick harder too.

BSA Lightning/super sport is the lightest springer Ive found.

You wont find a Birmingham webley longbow at a reasonable price and I would not pay no more then £150 for any used Webley.Theres other older webleys that are longbows but just have different names.

The Turkish ones are known to not have the quality blue of the origanal webley but I doubt any company has or as ever had a finish as good.The springs give out easier on the Turks but you have a big thing going,as I said theres many longbows,they just have different names all the actions are virtually the same,just different variations but the latest webleys are just the same as most the 10+ year ago ones, but slight differences and this is where you have a big advantage in parts and custom parts.

Be sure to go to v-mach is website there is cheaper tuners though.

Weight is always going to be a issue with springers.also remember light ones kick harder too.

Thanks for the replies, I will look again for a used Brumi made Webley but not easy to find. And i know what you mean regarding not much difference in products over 10 years, My Gamo Hunter is that and more which I checked against a new Gamo Shadow which apart from more rifling grooves, a safety lever and a 2" longer spring, it's exactly the same......my Beech stock is better than the all plastic Shadow. Where to look?